Bus fares for single journeys within Nice Cote d'Azur area 1 euro only!

I know the holiday period is nearing its end, but I hope this may be of use to somebody planning to enjoy the French Riviera.

All bus journeys served by the Ligne d'Azur in the Nice Cote d'Azur Community of Municipalities - practically the whole department of Alpes-Maritimes - cost 1 euro regardless of the length of the journey. This includes travel to and from Nice, Monaco, Grasse, Cannes, Antibes ... In comparison, train journeys between these towns may cost up to 40 euros per person!

Also, if you travel to Nice International Airport, rather than taking the recommended express buses No. 98 and 99 into town for 4 euros each way, go for a normal Ligne d'Azur all-stops bus. It is a bit slower but it goes almost the same way along The Promenade des Anglais and costs the usual 1 euro.

2 Comments

mod

Moved to Misc
Not really a UK deal, but a good bit of info for anyone who will be going to Nice Cote d'Azur

Original Poster

Thanks, Andy.

I was not really sure where to post it myself because as you say it is not strictly a UK deal (although under EU regs one may argue that it is a UK deal if it is to be used by UK tourists in France!). Hopefully, through 'search' people would be able to reach it.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523407
    2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846071
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread415214080
    4. Xbox One X pre order £449.99 @ Game (out 9th Nov)2343

See more discussions