Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Bush Bagless Vacuum vs Henry Vacuum

Posted 21st May
Hi All,

I'm considering buying a vacuum for the house. Having looked around, I've decided on maybe getting something like this:

argos.co.uk/pro…7:1

amazon.co.uk/Hen…T2Q

What does everyone think? Would the Bush be good value at £50 for a bagless vacuum or am I better off getting the Henry one? The Bush does seem to have fairly good reviews but obviously I know Henry is Henry. Also, I noticed the Henry was on offer for £95/£100 recently here so if I chose a Henry, is it better to wait for offers again?

Would be grateful for any opinions.

Many thanks.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
I'd get that Bush one I've got similar model does fine for me! Plus no bags!
Personally wouldn't get a henry/George again. So cumbersome in a smaller home. Maybe better if you have plenty of floor space
Had the same Henry for years! its billiant, far better than dysons or vtech
Has to be the Henry. Its not like the bagged vacuums of old. You don't empty the bags you just bin them when full.

The bags takes months to fill and a pack of 10 that will last you for years costs £8 - £10
Definitely the Henry but these won't be the best at picking up on carpets as they don't have a powered head to adgitate the carpet, they purely rely on suction.
Many thanks for all the replies.

3-2, Henry leads.

It would be used for wooden floors and some carpet rugs in the house. I'm tempted to try the Bush vacuum as it's bagless. But, I know Henry is excellent too.

Also, what does everyone think of this Bush vacuum (seems identical to the one above but colour being the only difference and cheaper?):

ebay.co.uk/itm…faX
I'd definitely go for a known vacuum brand over brands that have dipped into the vacuum market as you'll be able to buy spares if something breaks and accessories if you want to improve it.

The Henry costs more upfront but will last much, much longer than these cheaper brands.
Edited by: "Woozie64" 21st May
Woozie6421/05/2020 13:55

Definitely the Henry but these won't be the best at picking up on carpets …Definitely the Henry but these won't be the best at picking up on carpets as they don't have a powered head to adgitate the carpet, they purely rely on suction.

Hmm...My Henry came with a Powered brush. I think its the Henry Extra

Edit: Yeah I've got this one. The turbo brush is excellent at picking up the hairs from my ever moulting Spaniel, we have deep pile carpets as well. No issues.

amazon.co.uk/Hen…4ZY
Edited by: "Uridium" 21st May
After thinking about it, I think I'll end up getting a Henry when on sale again. I was going to buy one of the Bush vacuums but thought it's probably best to get a Henry for a little more money for a better quality product.

Thanks again everyone for your help/opinions.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions