Expired

Bush BluRay player problem (Bush DS-B035)

Found 11th Jan 2013
So after buying the 3D TV + 3D BluRay player deal from Argos just after christmas, I finally got round to trying it out but it just won't play any blu rays.

It loads the main menu for the player fine but when I try to load the disc it just goes to a black screen and nothing ever comes on.

Tried to update the firmware using the primary and secondary urls but neither work.

Any ideas?
Community Updates
14 Comments
whatsThePoint

take it back?

I will if I can't do anything with it, thought it'd be worth a try first.
Does it play other discs, DVD/CD etc?
I take it you have changed the picture settings to match the tv resolution?
It's a Bush? Take it back.
MBeeching

Does it play other discs, DVD/CD etc?

Hadn't tried that, just checked now and it doesn't.

Guess it's going back.
Sounds like typical Bush products tbh
deeky

It's a Bush? Take it back.

+1

and accept nothing but a full refund
csiman

+1and accept nothing but a full refund

Indeed. Argos have a habit of saying they'll "send it off for repair and then give it back to you".

But be firm and say you don't want it refurbed or replaced as it's clearly junk and you want to buy a different player.

Then go to a supermarket as the blu-ray player bargains are usually there, as a search on here will show.

My cheap Bush surround sound from Argos has had faults appear one by one, just outside of the warranty period.
dont know what they will do when you return it as stock is near enough non exsisten of the ble ray player and it was free with tv , so either return both or you gonna have to push for another make/model player
sassie

dont know what they will do when you return it as stock is near enough … dont know what they will do when you return it as stock is near enough non exsisten of the ble ray player and it was free with tv , so either return both or you gonna have to push for another make/model player

That's what I was thinking. What do you reckon the chances are of getting a similar player are?
LUFC08

That's what I was thinking. What do you reckon the chances are of getting … That's what I was thinking. What do you reckon the chances are of getting a similar player are?

dont think you will know till you go back into store, but if they wont give you another player i would return the lot
sassie

dont think you will know till you go back into store, but if they wont … dont think you will know till you go back into store, but if they wont give you another player i would return the lot

Hopefully they will let me, and the tv is great for the price, and really liking it.
I tried mine today and the remote is not synching with the blu ray player, was fine until I plugged a network cable in and gone now. Any advice? Thought I'd give Bush a go but never again, top brands are the way!!!
msidat

I tried mine today and the remote is not synching with the blu ray … I tried mine today and the remote is not synching with the blu ray player, was fine until I plugged a network cable in and gone now. Any advice? Thought I'd give Bush a go but never again, top brands are the way!!!

Sorry can't help with the problem directly but if it does help I returned mine to Argos and was told they do no product support or repairs. They exchanged it for a Samsung BD-E5500 which is much better, smart too.

Hope you get it sorted.
Edited by: "LUFC08" 14th Jan 2013
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions