Business Management or Business Economics

Posted 23rd Nov 2018
Hello,
Guys, what would you choose in above two at University? I'm confused and I wanted to know which one is worth it.
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
Depends what you want to go onto do.
sorry but if you dont even know which one is which and dont know which to choose you shouldn't bother. all you are doing is wasting money and time.

Perhaps a degree subject that you have some knowledge about and something you would enjoy doing after you graduate (most likely for the rest of your life)?
You don't say which Uni and it does make a difference. a degree from Warwick or Durham or even Southampton tends to attract more credibility than Budleigh Salterton or Bournemouth.

I can't answer your question other than to say that the only thing that truly matters is what you come out with

A 1st lets you choose from attractive offers. You will earn enough to repay your loan in a couple of years
A 2.1 lets you choose from some decent offers. You will probably earn enough to start repaying your loan immediately. You will kick yourslef for not getting a 1st as you were obviously capable of it but lacked sufficient drive
A 2.2 puts you in the also ran category alongside the Breeze Block uni 'tards. You may or may not earn enough to repay your loan and an Apprenticeship would have been a good idea.
A 2.3 means you borrowed a lot of money for nothing and impressed no-one unless your drinking/social skills were unmatched. You will become a builder or IFA or work in local Public Sector non jobs.

Don't let's even contemplate a pass or a fail

Go get a 1st. Don't much care what the subject is and don't get crooked by all the 'do a 4th year and get a Masters' BS
Edited by: "ccnp" 23rd Nov 2018
thestudentroom.co.uk/

I would suggest asking on the above website for some guidance, depends on the Uni as well as the course , not all are equal . Also depends on what you want to do afterwards and what you will enjoy . You need to look at the modules offered , as the choice between modules can have a massive impact on the type of learning you will be doing .

Your question as it stands is far too general , you need to break it down into what you want to gain and what your preferred study methods are . Do you enjoy group work more, or independent coursework , are you heavily into mathematics , what are your strengths , in order to find a course that fits .
deleted1471098
Economics involves a lot of complicated maths but has more right and wrong answers.

Management is lots about policies/theory and open to interpretation a lot more.

It really depends what’s your preference, either way with business there will be some management or economics or finance modules you will have to take so you will still have to do some either way but chose the one you have more preference for and you will do less of the other.
Thanks everyone, but which one has more scope and more opportunities when it comes to finding a graduate job?
deleted1451412
Super1824/11/2018 00:10

Thanks everyone, but which one has more scope and more opportunities when …Thanks everyone, but which one has more scope and more opportunities when it comes to finding a graduate job?

I imagine either will be fine for serving Big Macs
deleted1451412
Super183 h, 31 m ago

What do u mean

Latest report on bbc showed 70% of recent grads are working in a job they didn’t need a degree to get into.
Don’t ask on here re degrees. Either speak to a careers advisor or do some research. What do you want to do when you have you degree? How do you see it improving your career progression. If you don’t know you’ll be another statistic with a student loan. Look on job sites for your ideal job (try reed.co.uk) see what they are asking for.
Super1824/11/2018 00:10

Thanks everyone, but which one has more scope and more opportunities when …Thanks everyone, but which one has more scope and more opportunities when it comes to finding a graduate job?

thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/lea…ies

Try researching the above site , it holds all the info you are looking for , eg how many students are employed 3 months after leaving each Uni . The stats are out there , you just have to find them .

Please dont take take this the wrong way , but you will be expected to do a lot of independent research in Uni (not only for your final dissertation if you go for business management), and I wonder if the whole Uni route is for you if you are finding it hard to access basic information?

In general a lot of jobs will just want you to have a degree (many of the best will want a 1st), the choice of degree should be more down to what job you are aiming towards at the end . If you have no idea, then I would say Business Management gives more scope
tinkerbellian8 h, 45 m ago

https://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?s=Business%20%26%20Management%20StudiesTry researching the above site , it holds all the info you are looking for , eg how many students are employed 3 months after leaving each Uni . The stats are out there , you just have to find them . Please dont take take this the wrong way , but you will be expected to do a lot of independent research in Uni (not only for your final dissertation if you go for business management), and I wonder if the whole Uni route is for you if you are finding it hard to access basic information?In general a lot of jobs will just want you to have a degree (many of the best will want a 1st), the choice of degree should be more down to what job you are aiming towards at the end . If you have no idea, then I would say Business Management gives more scope

Thank you so much and your comment was really helpful in deciding which one is the best. I was also thinking about Business Management because lots of people are choosing this course but just wanted to know what HUKD members say. And you mentioned the same that Business Management has more scope and I thought the same. Thanks again everybody
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants