business vehicle insurance

planning to go self employed Ltd company soon. 3 years ago i wrote off my motorbike my fault. do I need to show this on insurance quotes for the van i want to buy? my private car insurance know all about it. wondering if it is different for business insurance, is it the business thats insured or the driver? also if anyone knows which companies are good and who to avoid for business insurance. many thanks in advanced

5 Comments

Banned

Personally business insurance is no more for more than normal, but normally insurance companies ask if you have had any claims in the last 3 to 5 years depending on which company. Just be honest,otherwise they will not pay incase of a claim.

You are asked for any claims or accident/incidents that you have been involved in the last 3/5 years.
If you do not tell all they will find out if you make a claim and if omissions are found they will not pay out and you may be charged with driving without insurance.

A motorcycle claim does not affect the price of a private car insurance quote. So declare it as it makes no difference. As others have said you need to be 100% honest otherwise you may as well not bother insuring yourself.

Banned

A limited companies insurance will ask you for the number of drivers & also require you to list all of their convictions & claims should they fall outside the boundaries stipulated in the proposal.

Just be honest.

JohnnyRoller

A motorcycle claim does not affect the price of a private car insurance … A motorcycle claim does not affect the price of a private car insurance quote. So declare it as it makes no difference. As others have said you need to be 100% honest otherwise you may as well not bother insuring yourself.

Really? When I got my van insurance recently, i got my quote without declaring a claim, then called the company to take out the policy and declared my bike claim when asked about accidents. Although it didn't effect my van no claims (obviously I lost my bike no claims), it put my van premium up!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Car Leasing Deals (Audi, Golf or Scirocco)11
    2. Electricity11
    3. Which Smart Watch for Running?25
    4. Which Camera?!!!22

See more discussions