Groups

Busy weekend decorating.........

When we moved in here and peeled off layer upon layer upon layer of wallpaper the walls crumbled off with it so we ended up having the dining room replastered,we then painted it a deep dark red which looked ok with the dining table,we also have a brick archway into the kitchen which we painted black,yes black and then got black blinds for the dining rooms patio doors.

Decided on a change this weekend and went for a jade/spearmint green,thing is I'm not so sure the dining table looks "right" now opinions please?
    pics below

36 Comments

Original Poster

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x254/mardy-ass/A2004.jpg
    http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x254/mardy-ass/A2002.jpg

Banned

no opinions?

Original Poster

:oops:

sassie;2665404

no opinions?

I've just chucked a W up sassie lol

Umm....green?

Not my cup of tea, do YOU like it?

BFM

Banned

Mardyass;2665415

:oops:I've just chucked a W up sassie lol

it isnt my colour hun, but as long as you like it thats all that matters:thumbsup:

sorry but not my cup of tea, but everyone to there own:thumbsup:

the jade is great, very fresh,not sure about the black arch, would normally suggest matching the arch to one of the colours or white like the ceiling....

I don't like it lol

You could always put a radiator cover on your radiator though and varnish it the same colour as the table

I don't think the blinds match anything either

I like your washing machine though, that's a Dyson isn't it

I'd like to see the before pictures.

It is a bit GREEN but ok you'll get used to it.

Im not sure on the black.....but the green looks good!

and is that a pack of Amber Leaf on the table??

looks fine to me but i'd go with changing the archway and blinds to a different colour. Can we see before pics?

Nowt wrong with that. I'll take the fifth on that picture though......

Original Poster

RedIron;2665435

I don't like it lolYou could always put a radiator cover on your radiator … I don't like it lolYou could always put a radiator cover on your radiator though and varnish it the same colour as the tableI don't think the blinds match anything eitherI like your washing machine though, that's a Dyson isn't it

yeah a dreaded dyson that breaks down at least twice a month its **** lol
    we were going to put a rad cover on once the pipes were boxed in

Original Poster

birdyboyuk;2665451

Im not sure on the black.....but the green looks good!and is that a pack … Im not sure on the black.....but the green looks good!and is that a pack of Amber Leaf on the table??

nope hubbys cutters choice!

Original Poster

Shengis;2665466

Nowt wrong with that. I'll take the fifth on that picture though......

fifth what?:?

Mardyass;2665544

nope hubbys cutters choice!

Ah, lol. At least I knew it was some baccy! lol

Original Poster

bellabonkers;2665453

looks fine to me but i'd go with changing the archway and blinds to a … looks fine to me but i'd go with changing the archway and blinds to a different colour. Can we see before pics?

found a piccy of it half done when we had it red.........
    http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x254/mardy-ass/house027.jpg

I like the red, but i guess you just got tired of it. The table looks ok to me i'd just think about changing the archway and blinds.

I think that the green and black is most likely better than the red and black, but, as said ^^^, if you like it , that's all that matters.

Mardyass;2665509

yeah a dreaded dyson that breaks down at least twice a month its **** … yeah a dreaded dyson that breaks down at least twice a month its **** lolwe were going to put a rad cover on once the pipes were boxed in

They are supposed to be really good Dyson's, both my father and step father are domestic appliance engineers and they are very rarely called to fix them and generally when they do break down it's down to the owner (i'm not implying anything by the way :whistling:)

If you ever look for a new machine though Miele's are the most reliable :thumbsup:

Original Poster

I had black blinds because my kids are a nightmare coming in from the back with mucky paws and I knew white or cream would end up ruined very quickly,that said now we have the rail and fittings its pretty straight foward to buy new slats
    when we moved in the archway was looking like this and looked like it was a plastic hornby tunnel lol
    http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x254/mardy-ass/house015.jpg

heres just how naff the walls looked
    http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x254/mardy-ass/house016.jpg

and not forgetting my best "feature" of the house that has since gone sob sob,the toilet wall mural lmfao
    http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x254/mardy-ass/house010-1.jpg

Original Poster

RedIron;2665605

They are supposed to be really good Dyson's, both my father and step … They are supposed to be really good Dyson's, both my father and step father are domestic appliance engineers and they are very rarely called to fix them and generally when they do break down it's down to the owner (i'm not implying anything by the way :whistling:)If you ever look for a new machine though Miele's are the most reliable :thumbsup:

the dyson repair guy told me i have the rotten apple as far as theyre concerned,you name it its gone wrong

Mardyass;2665550

fifth what?:?

Fifth amendment.
    Keep quiet.

Original Poster

Jumpingphil;2665703

Fifth amendment.Keep quiet.

ahhhhh god im not with it lol

I like this one best. :w00t:

Mardyass;2665637

Banned

i liked the red i must admit, like other have said change the arch

Original Poster

right archway and blind change next on the agenda then,might just have the archway rendered is it? flattened over? and do away with the brick look altogether

I liked the red too sassie was just bored of it after 11 months lol

greens nice but the tractor tyre round the arch has got to go

I like the green too hun x

i liked the red too.
    im not to sure on the green in just dont think it goes right (no offence)
    i would change the blinds and the arch to maybe some double doors if there is room
    i would paint a lighter colour as the room looks dark and i would get a large colourful canvas on the wall and maybe some wall lights

Original Poster

edjaned;2666064

i liked the red too.im not to sure on the green in just dont think it … i liked the red too.im not to sure on the green in just dont think it goes right (no offence)i would change the blinds and the arch to maybe some double doors if there is roomi would paint a lighter colour as the room looks dark and i would get a large colourful canvas on the wall and maybe some wall lights

oh hadnt thought about double doors there,thats a nice idea,the room looks much brighter now than it did red,the good thing with the arch is the light comes through from both kitchen windows as well as the patio doors and front hallway so in daylight its bright in there,i like the idea of double doors maybe some with half glass/frosted glass so the light can still filter through

its lovely to hear other peoples views and ideas,makes you think about things that have never crossed your mind:thumbsup:

Mardyass;2666108

oh hadnt thought about double doors there,thats a nice idea,the room … oh hadnt thought about double doors there,thats a nice idea,the room looks much brighter now than it did red,the good thing with the arch is the light comes through from both kitchen windows as well as the patio doors and front hallway so in daylight its bright in there,i like the idea of double doors maybe some with half glass/frosted glass so the light can still filter throughits lovely to hear other peoples views and ideas,makes you think about things that have never crossed your mind:thumbsup:

maybe something like this on ebay to let light through 190239666184

i like some of these canvas she has other colours too and quite cheap 120288903395

I would keep the green on the back wall but use it as a feature wall, keep the black on the blinds and arch (i like the brick, and its practical!) and use a neutral colour for the remaining 3 walls, they're usually named calico, linen or such, which will fit in much better with the flooring and furniture Definately get a radiator cover to co-ordinate with the dining suite. That should lighten the room and warm it up, against the cold black and green which can otherwise seem a bit harsh. Just my opinion, but just go for what you like, we would all be very boring if we picked the same:)

i like it, its nice and bold.. i see too much magnolia in my parents house
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1219
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?28128
      3. What are you loving on the BBC at the moment?63218
      4. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…33

See more discussions