Butlins - Advice needed please

Found 1st Jun 2011
Hoping someone with Butlins experience may be able to help!

I've booked a long weekend at Butlins, but to get the dates I wanted and type of accomodation I've had to take a four sleeping apartment, but we will have 4 adults and a child in the room (the young child will just share the double bed). I'm happy to pay the day access fee for the additional adult, but will I get tripped up anywhere?

10 Comments

You should be ok. There are no wristbands or anything to wear.
Worst comes to the worst....... stick the kid in the boot on the way through the front gate....

:>)

you can hire a cot if the child will fit it.
but i would get it sorted before you go get all the adults on the booking form

no you will be fine thin they give you cards to get on things which you can just swop around or do what my stepdad used to do and go to the reception part and say one of your kids have lost one

Not done anything similar to what you suggest but think you'll be ok. The only card we used was for breakfast and evening meals that we paid for as part of the holiday.

To gain access to butlins after leaving the site we just showed the keys/cards you use to open your apartment, I would guess you get one per adult, as a family 2 adults 2 kids we have only had to show one key/card at a time.

Edited by: "antony4462" 1st Jun 2011

Every time I've been the men at the gate have checked the booking confirmation letter they send you and check the amount of people in the car so if everyone's paid for and are listed on the confirmation letter you will be fine if not then
there might be a problem. But then again the people I've seen working there don't look like they have a full brain between them so you should be fine either way

Original Poster

Thanls for the feedback - think I'll play it by ear!

Banned

Butlins? Advice? Dont go. Unless you're a chav

dimebars

Butlins? Advice? Dont go. Unless you're a chav

Last time I went (minehead) there were only about 5-10% of chavs there. It was mostly what I would call, suits in sandals. You know hawaii shirt, shorts and hat, camera around neck with jesus sandals, maybe even a bum bag, kids on a leash, wife having an affair with a chav etc.

splatsplatsplat

Last time I went (minehead) there were only about 5-10% of chavs there. … Last time I went (minehead) there were only about 5-10% of chavs there. It was mostly what I would call, suits in sandals. You know hawaii shirt, shorts and hat, camera around neck with jesus sandals, maybe even a bum bag, kids on a leash, wife having an affair with a chav etc.

I second this. I went last year with my little un and was surprised very few chavs although with what we paid the chavs would probably be in a cheap apartment in Spain instead. Also I was quite impressed with Butlins too they have improved loads in the last 10 yrs. We have actually been back twice as day visitors too and very impressed both times. Perfect child orientated break.

Oh and to the OP. I would suggest you drop family member round corner for your first admittance and go back and pick them up later. then you only need your keys for admittance.
Edited by: "Shellywelly" 14th Jun 2011

Original Poster

Thanks for the feedback from all. Had no issues - in fact I'm suprised how relaxed the entry / exit process is. Also agree with the positive views - my wife had never been and pleasently suprised and it's great for kids, especially when it's wet outside - which it was!
Post a comment
@
    Text