Butlins break price gone down...

Found 15th Nov 2017
Hi,

I booked a break with Butlins and I stupidly looked at today's prices and it's nearly £200 cheaper!

I feel like the website led me to believe I was getting the best possible price.

I can't cancel and rebook as I would lose 60% of full price of break.

Any advice?

Thanks

Claire
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
9 Comments
When did you book?

Sometimes just have to deal with it. How would you of felt if you check and it cost £200 more?

Aslong as you were happy at the time you booked it. Just best not to check afterwards. Same has happened with me with flights before!

Hope I don't come across being rude.
Original Poster
Jay0802866 m ago

When did you book?Sometimes just have to deal with it. How would you of …When did you book?Sometimes just have to deal with it. How would you of felt if you check and it cost £200 more?Aslong as you were happy at the time you booked it. Just best not to check afterwards. Same has happened with me with flights before! Hope I don't come across being rude.

No I get were your coming from, it's just the website was very misleading, stating I was getting a bargain and the best price...like it was a steal!

I was bored....
Original Poster
Jay0802866 m ago

When did you book?Sometimes just have to deal with it. How would you of …When did you book?Sometimes just have to deal with it. How would you of felt if you check and it cost £200 more?Aslong as you were happy at the time you booked it. Just best not to check afterwards. Same has happened with me with flights before! Hope I don't come across being rude.

I booked at the end of September...
I'm afraid you just have to take it on the chin . Its called "dynamic pricing " All holiday firms do it UK and overseas package holidays . Wish I could crack their cunning algorithms - but I can't .

My current strategy is to pick 4 or 5 holidays we like them keep an eye on the prices and book when a really good price appears . Never leave it to book in the last month it seems the firms would rather have empty rooms / seats than encourage folks to get a last minute steal . The 14 day last minute deals are normally the dross they just can't shift .

Don't worry too much, over the years you will win some and lose some - but as a rule always watch the prices for a week or two at least before booking .
clarabellecoww26 m ago

I booked at the end of September...

Advice is suck it up, it’s simple economics it must be a quiet time and they’ve reduced the price to fill the place. It’s awful when it happens but it’s just life
Trick is to watch the price until it is as low as you dare wait for then book it and never look again. Prices do go up and down all the time and there is nothing worse than finding your holiday is suddenly a whole heap cheaper. What a pain for you. Thing is though, someone else will have paid more than you.
Original Poster
Anyone got a straw? Thanks for the comments.
It's worth a quick phone call, say you thought it lowest price protected, if you don't ask.....
yep deffo give em a ring!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants