Groups

Butlins Half board (dinner,bed breakfast) is it all a buffet or is there a waitress service as well.

I went silver class last year and it was lovely it was a buffet where you just went up and helped yourself, but i am sure in another block there was tables and i am sure it looked like a waitress service, does anyone know please?

I have had a look at butlins.com but cant find any info on it.

9 Comments

It's the "gold" half board that gets service for drinks only!

You can book as gold or book silver and upgrade on site
    You get wine with your meal also.........

Just to clarify it's silver half board = buffet
    Gold Half Board = Service for drinks + buffet self service for food ( called the Yacht club @ skegness )

butlins.com/wha…spx

I got terrible food poisoning when we went to butlins...

If we went again, I wouldn't include the food.

ClarityofMind;5099586

I got terrible food poisoning when we went to butlins...If we went again, … I got terrible food poisoning when we went to butlins...If we went again, I wouldn't include the food.

How long ago was that?

And lets face it, you can get food poisoning on a luxury cruise or a top class restaurtant.

I went "gold" in February 2008 half term and was VERY impressed with the standard and quality of the food in the restaurant.

It was all buffett style and there was a great selection and it was presented very well.

Butlins does sometimes have a bad reputation but I like to see when a company is trying to improve its image (they have new owners) so they do deserve some praise.

we went silver at easter it was horrible i wouldnt never go back better off booking a caravan with haven and taking your own food or going to centreparks butlins was scruffy

SABJ;5101153

we went silver at easter it was horrible i wouldnt never go back better … we went silver at easter it was horrible i wouldnt never go back better off booking a caravan with haven and taking your own food or going to centreparks butlins was scruffy

I have heard mixed reviews on butlins, would like to try it,
    if butlins is scruffy, what do you call pontins!!
    Jeeeeeeez the place is just shocking! ewwwwww :roll:

guilbert53;5099875

How long ago was that?And lets face it, you can get food poisoning on a … How long ago was that?And lets face it, you can get food poisoning on a luxury cruise or a top class restaurtant.I went "gold" in February 2008 half term and was VERY impressed with the standard and quality of the food in the restaurant.It was all buffett style and there was a great selection and it was presented very well.Butlins does sometimes have a bad reputation but I like to see when a company is trying to improve its image (they have new owners) so they do deserve some praise.

We went about two years ago now. I didn't say its all bad. My younger kids loved it. The red coats and the activities especially. My elder kids hated it and were mortified and so wouldn't do it again. Perhaps the food has improved since we were there? My kids found it all so bland and tasteless, thought they were more than happy with the pizza places etc on the site.

I'd say if your kiddies are up to about 7 or 8 max probably it's a good bet, though my kids are pretty socially advanced in some ways and feel self conscious about being asked to do "kids" activities when they want to do something more intellectual.

Of course you can get food poisoning anywhere... I feel sorry for the people who had our rooms after us as I imagine there was bacteria everywhere no matter how well you clean.

garbage456;5102379

got a great deal, 4 night july 27th, deluxe for £1405, its £1800 in the b … got a great deal, 4 night july 27th, deluxe for £1405, its £1800 in the brocure and £1760 on the internet for 7 of us

great, thats a summer break sorted. I hope you all have a lovely time and really enjoy it x x

4lyons09;5101181

I have heard mixed reviews on butlins, would like to try it,if butlins is … I have heard mixed reviews on butlins, would like to try it,if butlins is scruffy, what do you call pontins!!Jeeeeeeez the place is just shocking! ewwwwww :roll:

ive never been ? is it worse than butlins i dread to think what its like if its worse ha i would do as you like i herd mixed reviews and wanted to see for my self and i hated it but there loads love it there so go with what u think hope u have a good time :thumbsup:

SABJ;5103829

ive never been ? is it worse than butlins i dread to think what its like … ive never been ? is it worse than butlins i dread to think what its like if its worse ha i would do as you like i herd mixed reviews and wanted to see for my self and i hated it but there loads love it there so go with what u think hope u have a good time :thumbsup:

pontins is shocking... really is!! :?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846350
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4972447
      3. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…27146
      4. 41% of 40-60 year olds do not go for a brisk walk of >10 minutes A MONTH!810

See more discussions