Groups

butlins skegness private caravan help

hi i booked my holiday with butlinsbreak.co.uk/ind…tml and was just wondering if anyone has used they before as im new to this and a single parent and this would be a lot of money to lose please anyone advice me soon as my remaing balance is due to be paid thanks very much anyone who can help me

21 Comments

Maybe help if you were more specific, as in what kinda info are you after?

yeah, what exactly is the problem?

I think she wants to know if anyones been and if it's any good.

Original Poster

i want to know if anyone has used this site for booking as im not sure if i will be conned out of my money so many scare stories

I think op is asking if the website that she's booking the holiday through is legit?

mum06;8711137

i want to know if anyone has used this site for booking as im not sure if … i want to know if anyone has used this site for booking as im not sure if i will be conned out of my money so many scare stories

Your original post is quite hard to understand due to the lack of punctuation.

Original Poster

yes thats right

Original Poster

caz1cool;8711138

I think op is asking if the website that she's booking the holiday … I think op is asking if the website that she's booking the holiday through is legit?

yes thanks

I've booked holidays through sites like these, never had any problems. You have to use your common sense and gut feeling at times, it seems to be on the level though

Original Poster

caz1cool;8711161

I've booked holidays through sites like these, never had any problems. … I've booked holidays through sites like these, never had any problems. You have to use your common sense and gut feeling at times, it seems to be on the level though

thank you

Site looks very basic, but that doesn't mean it isn't legit.

How did you pay?

If you used a credit card, you have nothing to worry about.

Original Poster

moob;8711174

Site looks very basic, but that doesn't mean it isn't legit.How did you … Site looks very basic, but that doesn't mean it isn't legit.How did you pay?If you used a credit card, you have nothing to worry about.

i paid the deposit by paypal but they want a bank transfer for remaing balance

Original Poster

also now ive checked the phone number is different from when i booked i know this might not mean any thing but its making me very wary does anyone know how i could find someone who has used them before

mum06;8711217

i paid the deposit by paypal but they want a bank transfer for remaing … i paid the deposit by paypal but they want a bank transfer for remaing balance

Skip that and pay be credit card if you can. If not, Paypal may offer you some protection - but read up on it first.

You should pay the deposit on a credit card, it will then cover the whole purchase even if the rest is paid for in cash.

Original Poster

ive spoke to them and asked if i could pay the remaining by card and they want either bank transfer or cheque which will be safer ? i was thinking if i send cheque by recorded delivery i at least know they are where they say they are

you could maybe try calling butlins at skegness and confirming that the private owner has told them its booked for your dates and maybe see if its booked in your name?

the phone number change could just be that they've changed it.

i've just found this. nothing is really smacking me with a scam vibe tbh:

caravanhire.org.uk/lin…htm

Original Poster

caz1cool;8711515

i've just found this. nothing is really smacking me with a scam vibe … i've just found this. nothing is really smacking me with a scam vibe tbh:http://www.caravanhire.org.uk/links/linkscaravans.htm

thank you for all your help i guess im just someone who worries too much would hate to let my kids down

Original Poster

thanks everyone for your help im happy now as someone told me to phone butlins and check from there i have done this thanks again
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Decent Mp3 Player?33
      2. Box Nation44
      3. iPhone x66
      4. Do you use a case on your iPhone?11

See more discussions