Groups

butlins which one is best?

thinking of taking kids to butlins was wondering which one has the best entertainment and most things for the children to do?
    been looking on the website but it doesnt say what rides they have onsite

13 Comments

Banned

Minehead is nice.

Lot's to do in Somerset.

Banned

how much are these places now, i tried to book one once and it was coming out at nearly £800 for a week for 3 of us, i nearly died, thats just for a caravan, can go abroad all inclusive for that

Original Poster

for a week in apr £1700 for 2 silver chalets but im thinking of going in a private caravan it works out about £600 for a 4 bedroom gold caravan

its the cost of the passports that puts us of going abroad

Banned

edjaned

for a week in apr £1700 for 2 silver chalets but im thinking of going in … for a week in apr £1700 for 2 silver chalets but im thinking of going in a private caravan it works out about £600 for a 4 bedroom gold caravanits the cost of the passports that puts us of going abroad

its flippin expensive for a caravan

i know passports are expensive but remember they are for 10 yrs for adults and 5 yrs for kids, maybe a big outlay, but when you are paying that amount just for a caravan its worth a thought

how many adults/kids is that for

Original Poster

in butlins u pay per person so say we went into butlins own chalet there would be 3 adults (my 15yr old would be classed as adult) 4 children and one infant
    in the next chalet 3 adults 1 child

i thought £600 for one caravan wasnt bad considering ur passes are included.i want to go somewhere where there is plenty ro do rather than fork out for day trips every day to keep them entertained

Original Poster

the £600 caravn stay would be 10 nights too

which one are you nearer to? We have been to skegness 3 times and went to minehead n the last school holidays. the area around minehead is nicer than skegness but there are pros and cons of each i'd say. somehow i'd say skegness was set out better and had a nicer pool. however i'd say minehead was cleaner and newer looking somehow. there are definitely more childrens activities and activities in general you have to pay for at minehead.

Original Poster

its about a 4hr drive to skegness the other two take just over 5hrs,
    is their alot of rides at skegness?
    thanks for help all

it depends how old your kids are? mine are 4 and 7 and there were more rides for them to go on at the fun fair at skegness, the main fun fair at minehead was better aimed at 10/11 +. On the other hand the bob the builder land fun fair had more to play on than the one at skegness so mine liked that.
    where are you? thats the same time for me to them both. i'm not sure which i like best tbh. the soft play area at inehead is nice and big, the one at skegness is good too though. I'd try skegness first tbh see what you think of the whole atmosphere, even 4 hours is a long way to go with young kids.

Original Poster

by apr the kids ages will be 15,14,8,5,3 and 1yr old
    we normally go to haven or flamingo land but we are bored of there now
    we are in n wales u r in blackpool arent u?

yes we are in blackpool. if they like haven hun they're love butlins. lots more to do

Original Poster

great thanks
    one last thing are the meals there descent thinking of paying extra for breakest and dinner?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553767
      2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826348
      3. Royal Mil track and trace77
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423814465

See more discussions