Buy XBOX One X or wait for next version in 2020 .. suggestion !!!

Posted 9th Dec 2019
Need some suggestion

With the price of XBOX One X dropped significantly, should I buy the One X or wait another year for the new model ??

Don't have XBOX yet, so this is going to be fresh start.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

12 Comments
It’s a year away so buy one
I would say buy the Xbox x now, the next Xbox won’t be released till December next year. Best thing is if you buy the x, trade/sell it before the next Xbox releases.
Even when a new console is released, there’s hardly any games for ages, takes about 2 years for it to settle in.
Also who knows what backwards compatibility there’ll be, no doubt just streaming, but what’ll be included??
Not convinced on the value of this, but there's Xbox All Access - xbox.com/en-…ess - which is like a mobile phone contract. Pay monthly payment, get an XBox One X, plus Ultimate Game Pass, then free/v. cheap upgrade to the new models 6 months after release.
Maybe not a cheap option, but an option of sorts.
alg09/12/2019 13:23

Not convinced on the value of this, but there's Xbox All Access - …Not convinced on the value of this, but there's Xbox All Access - https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-all-access - which is like a mobile phone contract. Pay monthly payment, get an XBox One X, plus Ultimate Game Pass, then free/v. cheap upgrade to the new models 6 months after release. Maybe not a cheap option, but an option of sorts.

24.99 pm, for a year that comes out 300, then you get say 100 off from the next console. Not a cheap deal.

But, agree has freebies like game pass etc.
darkovo09/12/2019 13:16

Even when a new console is released, there’s hardly any games for ages, t …Even when a new console is released, there’s hardly any games for ages, takes about 2 years for it to settle in.Also who knows what backwards compatibility there’ll be, no doubt just streaming, but what’ll be included??

Confirmed included for both next gen consoles.
cooldude0109/12/2019 13:30

24.99 pm, for a year that comes out 300, then you get say 100 off from the …24.99 pm, for a year that comes out 300, then you get say 100 off from the next console. Not a cheap deal.But, agree has freebies like game pass etc.

You don't get £100 off the new console - if you have an S or an X, it's a free upgrade iirc, and something like £20 to upgrade from an S Digital.

But I think there's a minimum term of 18 months to be eligible for the upgrade. We already have 2 years of Ultimate, and 2 XBox One S's in the house, so not needing it - or justifying it.
Buy a cheap Xbox one. Play it until new gen is out. Xbox one S digital only was going around £100 play that for a year and then get the new gen once released. I still have my day one edition , waiting for new gen to upgrade
Apparently the x and the new one won’t be massively different and the games will work in new console and Xbox one. So you could get the x now at good price and then not have to get the new one for a while after release. I remember paying £410 for my day one Xbox one all those years ago so I imagine Xbox 2 will be £500+ on day 1.
Get one now, the world may have ended before the next iteration arrives
toonsquirel09/12/2019 16:10

Apparently the x and the new one won’t be massively different and the g …Apparently the x and the new one won’t be massively different and the games will work in new console and Xbox one. So you could get the x now at good price and then not have to get the new one for a while after release. I remember paying £410 for my day one Xbox one all those years ago so I imagine Xbox 2 will be £500+ on day 1.

They will be massively different not sure where you have heard that but new Xbox will be supporting a desktop class ZEN2 CPU and Navi GPU which is massively different as the CPU in consoles now are utter garage from a notebook in 2011. mobile garbage.. also faster GDDR6 ram and SSD for super fast loading times.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions