Groups

Buyer done a runner...what to do?

Someone bought from me on this thread hotukdeals.com/ite…new

Paid £3 upfront...sent item via recorded...then meant to be £3 paid on arrival. (yes i know its not a huge amount but its not the point)

The item has arrived but still no payment. The item was sent on 13th Oct.

Tried contacting them on the thread and also by private message but when I send a pm it says the user has decided they don't want to be contacted by pm.

How can this be allowed on this site as a lot of trade is done via pm and allowing users to not receive pms is an easy escape route.

I just wondered what people would do? I dont know whether to give negative feedback as the person may just be on holiday or hospital etc (doesnt look like theyve used the site since they bought from me) and then they will leave counter negative feedback, which will be unfair and wont look good for me.

Other users have traded with the user but with no problems!

What to do?

33 Comments

Contact one of the mods

Banned

go to their house and sort them out, don't worry about the cost of doing that its not the point

Banned

good reason why capital punishment should be brought back

Buyers wont do a runner for £3 I think :lol:

Wait.

if I gave you £3 would you close this thread and shut up?

black gerbil1;6693270

If he doesn't I'll make him. £3 paypal to me.:thumbsup:

post them a large fresh dog poo with only a first class stamp on the package, they have to pay a £1 fee + remaining postage to receive it when it turns up

Banned

casparwhite;6693251

good reason why capital punishment should be brought back

He wasn't on the phone !! :whistling:

black gerbil1;6693270

Great help !

Time to put your money where your mouth is.....

I doubt it though ;-)

Original Poster

black gerbil1;6693270

No gerb I know your reading isn't the best as you are still in 6th form so excused for being a moron...read the op and I've already said it's not about the money.

Original Poster

whatsThePoint;6693227

go to their house and sort them out, don't worry about the cost of doing … go to their house and sort them out, don't worry about the cost of doing that its not the point

Good plan...my £100 quidco from o2 today should cover the cost. Money is not an issue when it comes to giving pain.

Banned

mr.potato_head;6693392

No gerb I know your reading isn't the best as you are still in 6th form … No gerb I know your reading isn't the best as you are still in 6th form so excused for being a moron...read the op and I've already said it's not about the money.

Its a cheap lesson if you ask me

Banned

mr.potato_head;6693401

Good plan...my £100 quidco from o2 today should cover the cost. Money is … Good plan...my £100 quidco from o2 today should cover the cost. Money is not an issue when it comes to giving pain.

where are they, maybe we could sort out a uk wide posse to sort out local to them non payers

Original Poster

black gerbil1;6693270

Cheers CEO. Will pm you my details later for payment via ppg...negative feedback if you don't stick to you word.

I have witnesses.

I assume you didn't get their telephone number ?

Original Poster

whatsThePoint;6693410

Its a cheap lesson if you ask me

What lesson? To trust no one.

No trades would go on if that was the case and having no feedback, people with more always want you to post first.

Done that with other users with no problems.

Aside from all the non-help m8... id personally give it a little longer, at least until they have logged in next. If after that they still have not paid what is owed (no matter how much it is coz thats not the point) id get in contact with a mod to PM the buyer. Banning them would be last resort so lets hope they are just away for a few days or something.

black gerbil1;6693270

:thumbsup::w00t:

Original Poster

ctuk;6693282

post them a large fresh dog poo with only a first class stamp on the … post them a large fresh dog poo with only a first class stamp on the package, they have to pay a £1 fee + remaining postage to receive it when it turns up

Idea on the shortlist

Original Poster

deb8z;6693429

I assume you didn't get their telephone number ?

No just an address I'm afraid.

Banned

OP,

Report the thread in question and we'll review.

Tried contacting them on the thread and also by private message but when … Tried contacting them on the thread and also by private message but when I send a pm it says the user has decided they don't want to be contacted by pm.How can this be allowed on this site as a lot of trade is done via pm and allowing users to not receive pms is an easy escape route.I just wondered what people would do? I dont know whether to give negative feedback as the person may just be on holiday or hospital etc (doesnt look like theyve used the site since they bought from me) and then they will leave counter negative feedback, which will be unfair and wont look good for me.

You should have followed the fs/ft trading advice in order to continue discussions when the member might not be available on this forum to take your PM. We can't stress this enough.

PS... you can tell its half term by all the comments in this thread LOL :whistling:

black gerbil1;6693270

reported for offensive remarks and inciting a negative response by such remarks. No need to be so coarse :whistling:

Squelds;6693474

PS... you can tell its half term by all the comments in this thread LOL … PS... you can tell its half term by all the comments in this thread LOL :whistling:

:lol:

StevenA2000_uk;6693479

reported for offensive remarks and inciting a negative response by such … reported for offensive remarks and inciting a negative response by such remarks. No need to be so coarse :whistling:

Agree

Original Poster

Squelds;6693448

Aside from all the non-help m8... id personally give it a little longer, … Aside from all the non-help m8... id personally give it a little longer, at least until they have logged in next. If after that they still have not paid what is owed (no matter how much it is coz thats not the point) id get in contact with a mod to PM the buyer. Banning them would be last resort so lets hope they are just away for a few days or something.

Yeah was thinking that...don't wanna be too hasty.

Just doesn't look like they will ever log in again.

Have some rep for the help and for the fact I feel sorry for you as a Pompey fan

mr.potato_head;6693424

Cheers CEO. Will pm you my details later for payment via ppg...negative … Cheers CEO. Will pm you my details later for payment via ppg...negative feedback if you don't stick to you word.I have witnesses.

Leave the poor guy alone, hes buying a mini metro for his first car.

His need is far greater then yours

sorry you have been duped, maybe give them a little longer as they have positive feedback but doesnt look good if they have blocked pm's :thumbsup:

mr.potato_head;6693494

Have some rep for the help and for the fact I feel sorry for you as a … Have some rep for the help and for the fact I feel sorry for you as a Pompey fan

No need to feel sorry.... ahem... cough cough... were gonna make mid table this season once we get going :whistling:

LOL !

PS.. maybe they have blocked PM for the meantime while they are away for the week or something... it is halfterm so maybe taken kids away ?

Original Poster

aScottishBloke;6693471

OP,Report the thread in question and we'll review.You should have … OP,Report the thread in question and we'll review.You should have followed the fs/ft trading advice in order to continue discussions when the member might not be available on this forum to take your PM. We can't stress this enough.

understood but it's just as easy to ignore a phone call or email or death threat...what other options are there other than that?

Original Poster

whatsThePoint;6693421

where are they, maybe we could sort out a uk wide posse to sort out local … where are they, maybe we could sort out a uk wide posse to sort out local to them non payers

Another idea for the shortlist.

Their pms are not blocked, I just sent a test pm with a ' '

Banned

mr.potato_head;6693537

understood but it's just as easy to ignore a phone call or email or death … understood but it's just as easy to ignore a phone call or email or death threat...what other options are there other than that?

Report your thread and cut out the last piece of nonsense with regards to threats. That's an incredibly silly statement to make.

Thread answered and closed.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. love affairs1756
    2. Charles Wilson Voucher11
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767292
    4. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…1629

See more discussions