Expired

Buyer hasn't paid on eBay? What to do...

Found 19th Mar 2013
Hey...

Sold a Nikon camera on eBay at the weekend. Buyer won by bidding within the last 5 mins of auction on Sunday afternoon.
I have sent an invoice and contacted the buyer saying 'Hi, your item is packed and ready to be posted '

Why don't people pay straight away? How long should I leave it before relisting? (If that's possible).
Community Updates
Ask
24 Comments
I think you need to let them have a few more days yet. It is not even 48 hours yet and quite a few people bid on various items then forget to check for a few days
I usually send them an invoice as soon as its finished and give them 2 days before sending an email and another invoice then a further day after that. So 3 days in total.

Thats plenty espeically if they bid in the last 5 minutes of the auction, as they are likely to stay on and watch it finish
unless they use sniping software...
whats is the feedback rating of the buyer? if its a lot give them a few days if its zero then chances are they are not interested.

eBay give them 7 days to pay.
Ok thanks guys... Their feedback rating is 100%. Sniping software is a possibility I didn't think of that. I will wait it out.. Just wasn't aware that you were allowed to leave it without paying for couple days, as I'm new to eBay selling x
it dont matter even if they have alot of feedback, they aint got to buy it, as you cant leave negative feedback anyway as a seller, im in the same boat as you, sold sunday and no contact from them yet, very strange, as if i win something on ebay i always pay straight away, why would you not if you wanted the item in the first place.
Edited by: "Daytrader" 19th Mar 2013
You get 4 days to pay on ebay before you can 'resolve a problem' as a seller.

I've had 72 non paying bidders this year so far.
Daytrader

it dont matter even if they have alot of feedback, they aint got to buy … it dont matter even if they have alot of feedback, they aint got to buy it, as you cant leave negative feedback anyway as a seller, im in the same boat as you, sold sunday and no contact from them yet, very strange, as if i win something on ebay i always pay straight away, why would you not if you wanted the item in the first place.

I'm the same I always pay straight away and only time I haven't paid straight away after winning was when I brought the item about 10pm 30th and was getting paid the next day 31st. I can't believe as a seller you can't leave negative feedback if the person never ends up paying... That's insane!!
Yeh, and the fact that they stop others from possibly winning your item, and all the hassle of getting final fees back, and the fact that you miss out on being able to list it again for over a week, and in the end they dont get any red mark against there account, so they aint got anything to loose by not paying, really wrong.
I send a message after 3 or 4 days asking if they still want the item,give them a couple of days and if still no reply I file against them.

The late payers are always the ones who leave you no feedback or carp feedback as well.

I don't think they would be happy if I waited a few days before posting the item,but some people think you've got nothing else to do other than wait for them to decide to pay and then they want it yesterday.
mas99

unless they use sniping software...

With sniping software they would bid in the last 5 seconds, not the last 5 minutes.
Locko

With sniping software they would bid in the last 5 seconds, not the last … With sniping software they would bid in the last 5 seconds, not the last 5 minutes.

I was assuming the OP was writing in general terms rather than specifics.
mas99

I was assuming the OP was writing in general terms rather than specifics. … I was assuming the OP was writing in general terms rather than specifics.

Yes it was about 52seconds or something.... Buyer has now contacted me saying he will pay Thursday so we shall wait and see!:)
hate people like that on eBay. rush to win the auction with no intention of paying at all or straight away....bad form. If I bid for something or say I will buy something I have the money already for it. I have had this happen quite a few times on here as well as eBay. Nothing is worst then selling something to get a message back saying i will pay when work pay me or on such and such date. THey should be upfront and say sorry i will buy but can't pay until xxxx is that okay? Instead of rushing in to win it a head of everyone with not being able to pay when you get to PM

Edited by: "hello55060" 19th Mar 2013
Probably waiting for pay day, drives you nuts when people don't pay after a day or two!
I had a non paying Ebayer the other day, he then claimed he could not pay the full amount and wanted the item cheaper as he had a card limit, I believe you have to wait 3 or 5 days which i did before opening a non payment claim, thereafter it took another few days before i was refunded the final value fee. I relisted the item inbetween, just a lot of hassle and a waste of time.

Can't stand people who don't pay for the item quickly, partly down to myself being the type of person who pays as soon as i win lol
Edited by: "50huz" 19th Mar 2013
Similar story with me.. I needed funds ASAP, so i asked for immediate payment. I received no payment and sold the phone elsewhere because i needed funds straight away. 4 days later i opened a case to get my fees back. A further 3 days into the case, the buyer decided to pay, a week after winning even though i asked specifically for immediate payment.

Made him wait another 7 days before he got his refund back, after tonnes of emails.
Edited by: "yasser_7862" 19th Mar 2013
I got sick of non-paying buyers (I always sell as buy it now) that I started immediate payment only at the start of the year. It's made things much better and I don't think I've lost out on custom too much.
cheaperbythe12

I got sick of non-paying buyers (I always sell as buy it now) that I … I got sick of non-paying buyers (I always sell as buy it now) that I started immediate payment only at the start of the year. It's made things much better and I don't think I've lost out on custom too much.

cool story bro.

this was an auction, not BIN listing.
BA11

cool story bro.this was an auction, not BIN listing.

Totally useless comment lol and the 'cool story bro' thing is soo old now its boring...
cheaperbythe12

I got sick of non-paying buyers (I always sell as buy it now) that I … I got sick of non-paying buyers (I always sell as buy it now) that I started immediate payment only at the start of the year. It's made things much better and I don't think I've lost out on custom too much.

I think you have the right idea, As long as the price you pitch at dosent put them off buying then instant payment is 100% effective, I know people love the thrill of a live auction and I've found if you get 2 bidders that really want your item, the red mist takes over and they bid the price up far higher than you expected! Still, might try that myself in future. Thanks
TecspecEngineer

I think you have the right idea, As long as the price you pitch at dosent … I think you have the right idea, As long as the price you pitch at dosent put them off buying then instant payment is 100% effective, I know people love the thrill of a live auction and I've found if you get 2 bidders that really want your item, the red mist takes over and they bid the price up far higher than you expected! Still, might try that myself in future. Thanks

I myself have got carried away before bidding on a rare item and getting competitive and paying over £30 more than I wanted to spend haha
Finally paid today!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants