Buyer refuses to pay £80,000. Seller disappointed with E-bay!

17 replies
Found 22nd Oct 2016
Quite like the buyers message back when asked if bid was genuine.

Link in first post.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
17 Comments

Mr Wright wronged.:D

and employers say kids are leaving school with no common sense.

Lol

What a **** idiot.

Banned

Slow day of news for this to actually be news but it's Daily Mail so what'dya expect. Sellers get trolled. It's nothing new.

Also, where's Sofiasar who said selling £5 was such a great opportunity? lol

i just hope he had ordered loads of stuff off ebay in anticipation of getting his greedy mitts on all that cash, would serve him right the gulible idiot

further down:
'painter finds own phone number'

mail says its a trillion to 1 find...
i am maybe a little slow this morning but i cant see how

a match last 6 numbers of serial matching 6 from phone number

number of people in uk and number of landlines are not actual variables are they?
person walks into a pub and gets a fiver - landline and number of people are fixed at that point surely?
winning the lottery is x odds... if you play, chance of finding your landline is x .. if you are a person with a landline

have googled this and its on 4-5 different sites and noone argues this

Edited by: "brilly" 22nd Oct 2016

eBay are a joke, full of people ripping you off

Spasho

Slow day of news for this to actually be news but it's Daily Mail so … Slow day of news for this to actually be news but it's Daily Mail so what'dya expect. Sellers get trolled. It's nothing new.Also, where's Sofiasar who said selling £5 was such a great opportunity? lol

​Must've been a very slow news day. How big was that article for such a stupid story.

He'll have gotten a couple of hundred quid from the article. That's surely more than he could have hoped for when he put it up? Anything more than a fiver is a win surely??

Banned

Spasho

Slow day of news for this to actually be news but it's Daily Mail so … Slow day of news for this to actually be news but it's Daily Mail so what'dya expect. Sellers get trolled. It's nothing new.Also, where's Sofiasar who said selling £5 was such a great opportunity? lol

​im here op
I haven't sold any myself but this guy had cool dreams. he wanted to buy his mum a house, how sweet

Well once my snow turns up. I'll cut him in.

davej798

i just hope he had ordered loads of stuff off ebay in anticipation of … i just hope he had ordered loads of stuff off ebay in anticipation of getting his greedy mitts on all that cash, would serve him right the gulible idiot

Why is he the gullible idiot he started the auction at a reasonable price it got hijacked and bidded upto 80,000 not the sellers fault eBay can't force the person to pay but a uk court maybe could it's a legally binding contract. It's the buyer that is the idiot in this case messing around with the auction and refusing to pay after.

gotta laugh at the disclosure there is another million notes with the same prefix, hardly rare, but the second story about the upside down note made me giggle..

Something else to consider its hard enough for sellers on eBay as it is with eBay nearly always siding with the buyer even when buyers abuse the system. The last time this happened to me I threatened eBay with court Acton and they paid me out of their own pocket. If people abuse the system they should face the consequences what ever that may be. People should be accountable for their own actions. This seller placed the £5 note on eBay at a reasonable starting price and in good faith. Ebay could be accountable in this case because the seller contacted them and told them he thought the listing had gone too high ebay should of looked into this better and cancelled the auction if it looked that way eBay could be deemed just as responsible for facilitating an auction and allowing this to happen.

Banned

larrylightweight

Something else to consider its hard enough for sellers on eBay as it is … Something else to consider its hard enough for sellers on eBay as it is with eBay nearly always siding with the buyer even when buyers abuse the system. The last time this happened to me I threatened eBay with court Acton and they paid me out of their own pocket. If people abuse the system they should face the consequences what ever that may be. People should be accountable for their own actions. This seller placed the £5 note on eBay at a reasonable starting price and in good faith. Ebay could be accountable in this case because the seller contacted them and told them he thought the listing had gone too high ebay should of looked into this better and cancelled the auction if it looked that way eBay could be deemed just as responsible for facilitating an auction and allowing this to happen.

​well if that's the case he should start legal proceedings. 80k is a lot to bid on, unless it was kids messing around
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Credit Card Debt Question...1118
    2. What is the best weight training app for iOS please?22
    3. Difference between these WD 1TB Black HDDs34
    4. amazon echo idiots guide812

See more discussions