Buying 3 Year High Risk Replacement Product from argos

When i buy an item from argos can i take the 3 Year High Risk Replacement Product Cover after i run out of the products 1 year guarantee.
What i am thinking is buy the product and as it is having 1 year guarantee after one year buy the replacement product cover, is it possible.

Or is this a stupid question i am asking i never bought a cover anytime.

6 Comments

I dont think its poss...the cover is generally from purchase date...many companies are well aware they overlap the makers guarantee....just makes their job easier/cheaper

I think you have to buy the cover within 45 days of buying the item...

You do have to buy the cover within a certain number of days I am sure... I bought a microwave and I thought you had to buy the cover within 30 days - but maybe it is 45 like you said.

The cover appears good though I forgot to take it out... new for old even on accidental damage! It's worth trying to get a leaflet with the info on, so you can get all the info.

Butterflies;5866329

The cover appears good though I forgot to take it out... new for old even … The cover appears good though I forgot to take it out... new for old even on accidental damage! It's worth trying to get a leaflet with the info on, so you can get all the info.

For higher value items (over £150 I think) you have to get the item repaired. If its under that you get the item replaced or if its not sold anymore you get the full purchase price in argos vouchers....handy for things like MP3 players etc

gari189;5866388

For higher value items (over £150 I think) you have to get the item … For higher value items (over £150 I think) you have to get the item repaired. If its under that you get the item replaced or if its not sold anymore you get the full purchase price in argos vouchers....handy for things like MP3 players etc

Yes I thought it would be worth accidentally breaking my microwave when it's around 2.5 years old! it wasn't that expensive!

I would rather that the manufacturer made the items better quality though than having to replace them really.

Original Poster

Butterflies;5866420

Yes I thought it would be worth accidentally breaking my microwave when … Yes I thought it would be worth accidentally breaking my microwave when it's around 2.5 years old! it wasn't that expensive!I would rather that the manufacturer made the items better quality though than having to replace them really.

I think i prefer this idea of accidently breaking
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Argos 3 for 2 reserving early11
    2. SCS add ons... are they worth it??22
    3. Wix Build Website Question, Domain transfer?34
    4. What do I do if item is damaged I bought on eBay.913

See more discussions