Buying a 3DS XL with a pre-installed game on it

I am going to buy my son a second-hand 3DS XL from CEX which has a pre-installed game on it (a limited edition model). If this game is already on there, will my son be able to play other games on it, ie, Pokemon Sun (using the game card)? Somebody suggested that it might be wipe-cleaned before being sold in the on-line store? It does not say on their website that it does not come with a game.

6 Comments

Pretty sure the download is specific to the console, so even if it's wiped it can be downloaded again - I had a similar situation with one I was selling. Just visit the Nintendo store and search for the game.

As for other games, these will work as normal with the cartridge - the downloadable game is just an icon on the home screen, the cartridge game will be a separate icon.
Edited by: "miikeyblue" 28th Dec 2016

Your sun can play any 3ds game on it, the game is usually installed on the memory card that you get with the console, and its most likely the game has been wiped off, I used to work for game and that what we did, even the cex personnel that I'm friends with did the same, who knows though, you might get lucky and the game will still be there

Original Poster

miikeyblue

Pretty sure the download is specific to the console, so even if it's … Pretty sure the download is specific to the console, so even if it's wiped it can be downloaded again - I had a similar situation with one I was selling. Just visit the Nintendo store and search for the game.As for other games, these will work as normal with the cartridge - the downloadable game is just an icon on the home screen, the cartridge game will be a separate icon.

I'm looking at buying a Fire Emblem Awakening console from them, so does that mean that it will probably not have a game cartridge with it or not even have the game on it? I just thought that if you buy a special edition console from them, the game will still be installed on it?

Original Poster

I've gone ahead and bought the console, so just hope that the game cartridge is still there and/or I can download it again for my son. Thank you.

Sophiasky

I've gone ahead and bought the console, so just hope that the game … I've gone ahead and bought the console, so just hope that the game cartridge is still there and/or I can download it again for my son. Thank you.

It is normally pre-installed, so no cartridge. I bought a 2DS with Mario Kart in the past, preinstalled - the buyer was able to redownload the game after I had wiped the console for resale.

Original Poster

miikeyblue

It is normally pre-installed, so no cartridge. I bought a 2DS with Mario … It is normally pre-installed, so no cartridge. I bought a 2DS with Mario Kart in the past, preinstalled - the buyer was able to redownload the game after I had wiped the console for resale.

Thank you for letting me know, much appreciated.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Gear best shipping?44
    2. Do you use a case on your iPhone?44
    3. Virgin Media TV56
    4. Tooth extraction99

See more discussions