buying a car

hi guys looking to get a new car within the week, was wanting to buy one , been looking at option such as hire purchase, PCP and PCH, what is the best method for buying a car and the best websites to use, looking for a small car as I only do about 8000 miles per year

8 Comments

Whats your budget? Do you have kids etc. Theres loads of things to think about.

If you got a car in mind than go to carwow.co.us

Depends if you keep your car for a long time or not. If it is a long time your probably better with Hire Purchase, if you want a car for a few years but want cheaper payments then best to PCP and there is option to buy at the end with a balloon payment.

Or if your looking for a cheap car for a few years and then to hand back then go for PCH. Ive personally used this Leasing company called Orbit Leasing (www.orbitleasing.co.uk) which I have found deals to be very competitive and have really good customer service even after I had the car delivered too.

Buy a car privately and just look after it, have the oil and filter changed every 5k etc, that's how these company's make money it's a calculated risk. If you service it regular it will likely be fine. Your paying more money on this type of deal a commission plus they are insured plus final payment they laughing all the way to the bank at you!
Edited by: "Moonwolf1976" 12th Oct 2016

Have a look at Motorpoint if there's one near you, just got a car for my sister in law from there, was really impressed with the service and the price.

Do you have a car make model in mind?

Original Poster

was looking at a Mercedes A180d my budget is around 190 a month, seen a website called select car lease but they want a 1500 deposit for an a class

andrewmclachlan1

was looking at a Mercedes A180d my budget is around 190 a month, seen a … was looking at a Mercedes A180d my budget is around 190 a month, seen a website called select car lease but they want a 1500 deposit for an a class

​You'll have to decide what you can deal with more.

A better deposit will bring your monthly payments down. A lower deposit and you'll be unlikely to get your preferred monthly payments.

Some places have.l minimum deposits they require too.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. USC voucher code pls?23
    2. No Vega deals around - pre-order for Vega 56?23
    3. I think I'm being scammed on Paypal?811
    4. Nintendo Switch Game Cases34

See more discussions