Buying a car

Found 3rd Oct 2017
I am after buying a vw touran as I need a 7 seater and after having looked other 7 seater found this one to have best reviews.
I have seen one for 4800 and I will put specs in first msg. Can someone tell Me if it's worth it thanks
Community Updates
Ask
16 Comments
32162565-pKDg7.jpg
32162573-6NIO6.jpg
Mileage is 110.
1.9 diesel
2010 plate
Look on autotrader and see what similer age, model, condition spec cars are advertised for.

Anything is only worth what someone will pay for it.
Looking on trader that's a decent price. However at 120k the cambelt is due to be replaced on that model. So factor that into the cost if its not already been done. Its about a £400 job.
1.9Tdi PD engine is bullet proof, However they fitted Dpf's on the later models. I would hope you're doing the mileage because at 110K it'll be ready for a new dpf anytime soon, Even if it's motorway mileage!.

Smax is a nicer drive and better looking though imo.
Edited by: ".MUFC." 3rd Oct 2017
Wadda6 m ago

Looking on trader that's a decent price. However at 120k the cambelt is …Looking on trader that's a decent price. However at 120k the cambelt is due to be replaced on that model. So factor that into the cost if its not already been done. Its about a £400 job.

You're right, it does say recent timing belt change in the description but I'd ask how recent that was.
Timing belt was done at 90000k and I think this Model doesn't have the dpf I'm sure I asked.
Serviced 2000 miles ago
What's the cost of dpf anyway
Btw this is off auto trader and priced low according to them
As above, autotrader will give you a valuation if you put the Reg into it .... autotrader.co.uk/car…ion

My 1.9TDi passat has done 170k and still going strong - so plenty of life left in it at just 110k. One owner from new is a benefit, recent cambelt - both suggest it has been well looked after.

You can also see the MOT history here - shows you any advisoroes identified. check-mot.service.gov.uk/
lendu26 m ago

Timing belt was done at 90000k and I think this Model doesn't have the dpf …Timing belt was done at 90000k and I think this Model doesn't have the dpf I'm sure I asked.

It will most certainly have a dpf and they're £500+ fitting cost for a new one.

Cheapest option would be to have hollowed out and remapped.
.MUFC.1 h, 43 m ago

It will most certainly have a dpf and they're £500+ fitting cost for a new …It will most certainly have a dpf and they're £500+ fitting cost for a new one.Cheapest option would be to have hollowed out and remapped.

Thanks for pointing that out, that puts me back to square one. Im not being sarcastic by the way. Just can't find the right car man.
lendu22 m ago

Thanks for pointing that out, that puts me back to square one. Im not …Thanks for pointing that out, that puts me back to square one. Im not being sarcastic by the way. Just can't find the right car man.

Most diesels from 2004 onwards have DPFs, The only way to avoid that is have a petrol, hybrid or electric.

Whilst it's working as it should it will fine but once you start having issues you could just have it hollowed out and remapped.

If you're doing lots of short or stop start journeys you shouldn't even be looking at diesels really, Even if it hasn't got a dpf.

I had a 2.0L petrol Smax and that did 30mpg, Was a great car but got something a bit newer now as I do a bit more mileage.
Edited by: ".MUFC." 3rd Oct 2017
lendu2 h, 44 m ago

Just can't find the right car man.

You're going about it the wrong way, reviews are not the way to narrow down your choices. You need to get out there and look and see what suits your requirements.

Once you've done that then you can look at reviews as they may point out anything you missed, don't worry about what anyone else likes or an individual experience with their local garage or their car's reliability.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants