buying a car via escrow, help

Posted 13th Sep
Soft Div crashed into our car, we are now looking for a new one.

We saw one advertised via facebook, the seller is dealer but says you have to purchase via escrow?

privatebestcars4you.com/

Anyone purchased from this company, or used escrow before. I'm tempted but part of my brain says no.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
spoo13/09/2019 17:57

They claim all these cars are currently in stock, all 1272 of them.The …They claim all these cars are currently in stock, all 1272 of them.The 'about us' page has a picture of 41 people in what looks like a very large car showroom, presumably we're supposed to think these are the employees.They also claim to have sold thousands of carsButTheir business address is a residential houseThe URL was only registered 2 weeks ago https://domain-status.com/www/privatebestcars4you.comThey declared assets of only £8,000 in May 2019 https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08639341/filing-historyThere exists a legitimitate, almost identically named used car dealer named Best Car 4 You who do get good reviews but are clearly completely unrelated to this company.No, none of that sounds dodgy at all

And the poster above me has just registered today to share their experience. That seems legit.
Never buy from a site if you cant find a phone number within 60 secs.

No phone Number,
No way.
They claim all these cars are currently in stock, all 1272 of them.
The 'about us' page has a picture of 41 people in what looks like a very large car showroom, presumably we're supposed to think these are the employees.
They also claim to have sold thousands of cars

But

Their business address is a residential house
The URL was only registered 2 weeks ago domain-status.com/www…com
They declared assets of only £8,000 in May 2019 beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/com…ory
There exists a legitimitate, almost identically named used car dealer named Best Car 4 You who do get good reviews but are clearly completely unrelated to this company.

No, none of that sounds dodgy at all
Edited by: "spoo" 13th Sep
15 Comments
Searching several registration numbers from that websites "stock list" brings up some dodgy results.

The prices are also way below trade in value on the ones I checked.

Not sure why you would buy a car without seeing it in person, and test driving it anyway.

Except maybe an auction, where it's not possible to test drive.
Edited by: "JmehNottsCountyFC" 13th Sep
Never buy from a site if you cant find a phone number within 60 secs.

No phone Number,
No way.
scam
They claim all these cars are currently in stock, all 1272 of them.
The 'about us' page has a picture of 41 people in what looks like a very large car showroom, presumably we're supposed to think these are the employees.
They also claim to have sold thousands of cars

But

Their business address is a residential house
The URL was only registered 2 weeks ago domain-status.com/www…com
They declared assets of only £8,000 in May 2019 beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/com…ory
There exists a legitimitate, almost identically named used car dealer named Best Car 4 You who do get good reviews but are clearly completely unrelated to this company.

No, none of that sounds dodgy at all
Edited by: "spoo" 13th Sep
Thanks for the replies...

I would travel and test a car. I would of preferred picking this one up, but it wasn't my choice.
I wanted to put the percentage in my head that was tempted by this....out...kicked out.

thanks again, I've hopefully found something local

They claim all these cars are currently in stock, all 1272 of them.The …They claim all these cars are currently in stock, all 1272 of them.The 'about us' page has a picture of 41 people in what looks like a very large car showroom, presumably we're supposed to think these are the employees.They also claim to have sold thousands of carsButTheir business address is a residential houseThe URL was only registered 2 weeks ago https://domain-status.com/www/privatebestcars4you.comThey declared assets of only £8,000 in May 2019 https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08639341/filing-historyThere exists a legitimitate, almost identically named used car dealer named Best Car 4 You who do get good reviews but are clearly completely unrelated to this company.No, none of that sounds dodgy at all

Might be able to see the house on Google Street view... The occupant sticking his fingers up at the Google drive past...

And the poster above me has just registered today to share their experience. That seems legit.
I have registered with my facebook account, I can't say the same about you.
stephanie.goldsworthy19/09/2019 09:58

Stephanie, can you upload your Bill of Sale please, as that will be proof of your dealings with this company rather than citing Facebook as your testament to your honesty and trustworthiness?
@Bossworld has been a member on here since 2007 and is a long-standing and contributing member on HUKD. Unfortunately as a new member, having a Facebook account in itself is not enough to persuade op to purchase a car via priviatebestcars4you using Escrow.
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 19th Sep

Facebook integration wasn't around when I joined this site.

But I've carried on posting through three or four redesigns, had a lot of positive feedback when FS/FT was still a thing on here, had 10,000+ posts on eTones back in the day and I've been trading online without a single complaint or negative piece of feedback since 2001. Same username on AVforums, eBay, BST and others - nothing to hide here.

Forgive any skepticism on my part, I just find it strange that you've joined a deals forum to make a truly ringing endorsement, on a four day old thread, about a retailer who has little external feedback. Can only assume that to happen upon this thread you'd have to Google search the retailer's name, which isn't something I'd typically do post-purchase. But hey, different strokes for different folks.

Welcome to HotUKDeals anyway, let's hope you stick around.
Edited by: "Bossworld" 19th Sep
stephanie.goldsworthy18/09/2019 13:13

Comment deleted

Cool story "stephanie" (real name dodgy Dave from privatebestcars4you.com)

If you're going to scam folks at least make yourself sound credible
I feel very sad for you people. I am a mother and I work hard for my money. I think I deserve a some respect. You only favor negative feedback about a company here? I am telling the truth, I do have a car from this company and it was delivered as promised.

So, did they deliver to you in California? Which is where your facebook account is based....
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants