buying a carpet cleaner

i have cream carpets which have quite a few stubborn stains on them, has a quote from a proffesional cleaner today and was more expensive than i thought it would have cost so now looking at buying my own and cleaning the carpets myself.. there are sooo many on offer at the moment just wondering if anyone has any idea which one would be best to buy.. thanks

22 Comments

Banned

what about those ones they hire out at asda nad some of the DIY stores

try bissell direct. Their refurbished are a bargain, look new and still have a full 12 month warranty, customer service is excellent too from experience, bisselldirect.co.uk/

I hear rug doctor is good and reasonable prices too.

rugdoctor.co.uk/

We have this one bisselldirect.co.uk/pro…103 it comes with stair/upholstery hose too and heats the water for a better clean, £79.95 reconditioned or £149.95 new, trust me though when I say you wont be able to tel between the two!

Original Poster

there are 2 bissell cleaners on the argos website which ( one is reduced ) both have good reviews though so dont know which would be best. i would prefer to buy than rent one at least then i could use it again if needed

ive used my dads vax rapide on all of my carpets and believe me they were hanging/minging and its brought them up like new ;-)
think they sell very similar ones in tj hughes for around £60, the cleaning solution is about £3 for 750ml in wilkies, cheapest ive found, hth

Original Poster

how would you contact them? in shop or through a website

Get yourself a RugDoctor from bq/homebase for 20 ish pound a day. Use their expensive shampoo or the 2001 stuff in Morrisons. Good results if you take your time and now its summer the carpets will dry fairly quickly too.

I did mine in mid winter and they took 24 hours to dry,good results though. Make sure you give a good vacuum before and after.:thumbsup:

Original Poster

the one that i was looking at was a bissell quickwash as its light and the reviews are really good, argos have this for £97.69 but tj hughes have it for £59.99 what a result - thanks

Original Poster

do you know what vax rapide this one was?

harlzter;5160024

We have this one http://www.bisselldirect.co.uk/product/103 it comes with … We have this one http://www.bisselldirect.co.uk/product/103 it comes with stair/upholstery hose too and heats the water for a better clean, £79.95 reconditioned or £149.95 new, trust me though when I say you wont be able to tel between the two!

Good call mate, the Bissell's that hartzter is talking about are great for the money. It's alright hiring one for £25-£30, but with cream carpets, you'll only be hiring it again in a couple of months time!! Best get one of the recons that hartzler mentioned and for the price of 2 hirers you own it outright. With 12 months warranty, you really can't go wrong.

:thumbsup:

louise.123;5160182

do you know what vax rapide this one was?

im not 100% sure but it never had the unholstery adapter on it iykwim :whistling:

louise.123;5160112

the one that i was looking at was a bissell quickwash as its light and … the one that i was looking at was a bissell quickwash as its light and the reviews are really good, argos have this for £97.69 but tj hughes have it for £59.99 what a result - thanks

The quickwash is good at quick cleans as we have one for when the kids spill juice rather than a deep clean, BUT the dirty water tank is a stupid shape with lots of internal recesses where dirt gets trapped and when you empty it its still there, you cant even get a bottle brush in to dislodge it, trouble is that the dirt is damp so festers the when you use it again the action wafts the smell out! We keep our tank stored in a bucket of disinfectant solution when not in use.

Keep your eye on the Bissell site though if you still want one as they do batches of reconditioned at £35 delivered.

I had one from Bissells website, it was only £35 inc. delivery and came with 2 bottles of cleaning fluid. Its fantastic, cleans really well without completely drenching the carpet

I have hired a Rug Doctor in the past and i own a Bissell Pro Heat Pro Tech. The Bissell beats the Rug Doctor hands down. I got mine from Makro's for £99 +VAT.

We have a bissel and use rug doctor too

In my experience the rug doctor is way better than our bissell. Sorry to be a pain and disagree lol

it's really fast and easy to use the bissell though. As fast as a normal vaccuuming really. So really convienient x

starsparkle2311;5162163

hm so Bissell is the way to go? I had one of those Vax Rapide washers … hm so Bissell is the way to go? I had one of those Vax Rapide washers and it was useless, it's always put me off buying another, thanx for the info guys:thumbsup:

we had a vax way back. they make the carpet much wetter than the bissell leaves them. when i've biselled we're completely dry again within 2 or three hours.

Just make sure that the carpets are completely dry. If they are even slightly wet, and you walk on them they will attract and hold onto dirt like no one's business.

starsparkle2311;5162255

thanx Ted:thumbsup:

Bless you.

+9 on the Bissell. I'm a boy so I don't really know or understand much about these sorts of things, but I bought one of their refurb carpet cleaners for £35, it came with four bottles of cleaning stuff, and it was really simple and quite satisfying to use. Spent about an hour scrubbing back and forth on my carpet with it, and the next morning after it had all dried and everything, it was lovely. Really made the blue of my carpet look like a much nicer version of blue, and it got rid of some of the trodden-in dirt that's been there for years.

I'm glad I bought the Bissell, since it's basically saved me the cost of scapping the carpet and laminating the floor. It's magic.

ClarityofMind;5162228

we had a vax way back. they make the carpet much wetter than the bissell … we had a vax way back. they make the carpet much wetter than the bissell leaves them. when i've biselled we're completely dry again within 2 or three hours.

we have to do our carpet with the vax in the evening when the kids are in bed then go out for the day the next day but its dry by the evening

Banned

ive heard the bissell are crap, although ive not used one, i have a kirby and im sure you aint looking to the expense of getting one of these, qvc used to do bissell so maybe worth seeing if they still do, if so buy one from there and return if its crap
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523390
    2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17356128
    3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846049
    4. What an absolute disgrace1942

See more discussions