Groups

buying a cheap scooter/moped

Hi

Traveling costs in london have gone out of my control and literally i am spending a huge amount of my earnings on traveling, therefore i am thinking about getting a scooter or a motor bike.

kindly advice me on this as i am a bit short at funds and cant spend too much.

thanks

16 Comments

Original Poster

c90 how much that would be?

humadoon

c90 how much that would be?

he's having a laugh,they are like big people cars,
    If you want a scooter and havent got a bike license you would need to take your cbt unless you allready have it or passed the full bike test( 21)which lets you ride anything,if you have driving license before 2001 you can ride 50cc or less or upto 125cc 33bph on a cbt valid for 2 years with l plates
    If you are getting one,i would recomend a big wheel bike,wont come off round corners so easily,a 125cc 2 stroke will be nippy,maybe have a look at some bmw c1's,they are good for london

pm me if you need any help as i know my stuff about bikes now

Buy a Honda CG125 mate. 100+ MPG, needs little to no maintenance and engines are like tanks.

Pauladin91

Buy a Honda CG125 mate. 100+ MPG, needs little to no maintenance and … Buy a Honda CG125 mate. 100+ MPG, needs little to no maintenance and engines are like tanks.

all honda's go on forever ,the Honda Varadero 125 is cool aswell,i get around 135 mpg out my 1983 honda scooter,was a show bike before i came off it twice,so dont go for the little wheels

Original Poster

thanks jackit99 that was very informative and i admire ur knowledge about bikes..
    how much cbt costs? i will be more than happy to get a moped if it can do 30mph.
    what is the best place to buy them? i was checking gumtree but its full of douggy people.

Scooter wise would look to piaggio either the fly or an old vespa

Bikes either a cg 125 or its upgrade the cbf 125

dandoc2

Scooter wise would look to piaggio either the fly or an old vespaBikes … Scooter wise would look to piaggio either the fly or an old vespaBikes either a cg 125 or its upgrade the cbf 125

piaggio is junk to be honest,im trying to fix up a zip thats alot harder to fix than the honda,
    if you have small budget,maybe something like a honda sgx 50,a few on ebay cheap
    Edited by: "JACKIT99" 12th Mar 2011

For a cheap scooter, buy a Honda Lead. Quite nippy too.

Out of interest, how much is "a huge amount"?

U can get chinese imports for next to nothing, never owned but sure they will be ok?

never found a fault with this

http://www.thefrontloader.com/imagesforblogs/shermansightings/po_scooter_sherman.png
    Edited by: "nebno6" 13th Mar 2011

JACKIT99

piaggio is junk to be honest,im trying to fix up a zip thats alot harder … piaggio is junk to be honest,im trying to fix up a zip thats alot harder to fix than the honda,if you have small budget,maybe something like a honda sgx 50,a few on ebay cheap

Having a laugh mate piaggio junk ??!!

Vespas are the best mopeds/scooters out there - you've just bought a wrecked ZIP as they are simple to fix.

As with the post above Honda Lead is a good bike and better for an adult - The zip and things like the typhoon are for 16 year olds on estates !! :-D

nebno6

That looks like its POor to ride.........

whatsThePoint

if your struggling to fix a scooter maybe you should stick to riding a … if your struggling to fix a scooter maybe you should stick to riding a pushbiketheres a lot people on here who talk out their backsides and you appear to be the worst offender

I'm cat 2 racing road bikes,know lots about push and motor bikes,not soo simple,even a mechanic wasnt sure,i wouldnt go round posting stuff like that being a big mouth btw

dandoc2

Having a laugh mate piaggio junk ??!!Vespas are the best mopeds/scooters … Having a laugh mate piaggio junk ??!!Vespas are the best mopeds/scooters out there - you've just bought a wrecked ZIP as they are simple to fix.As with the post above Honda Lead is a good bike and better for an adult - The zip and things like the typhoon are for 16 year olds on estates !! :-D

it is junk with my experiences of piaggio,i agree the more exspensive vespa/piaggios are good though,cant really exspect the best quality when there selling the zips new for 1,000 £

nebno6

what is that a 125 in there?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?25116
      2. Boom2511
      3. A Nigerian prince and bit coins scam78
      4. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 891616

See more discussions