Groups

buying a french iphone 4

anyone got any tips?
    how to check if it has been registered with an insurance company?
    will it work in the uk?
    the person who i am buying from says it can work via jailbreaking but i dont have a microsim. Any tips?
    Also can i register this with my insurance company and if it gets blocked etc, will i still be able to make a claim?

11 Comments

You need a receipt for the insurance, I thought french phones came unlocked? if its on the latest firmware it cannot be unlocked. And if it did get barred it wouldnt make a difference as its a french iphone and not a uk one.

Original Poster

really? so it should be fine?

Hi,

Ask you seller how long he had his Iphone because in france after 6 month by the law he can get it unlocked for free. Also yes I recommend to ask for a bill or his contract copy where it show the IMEI with the name. Because if it's a stolen phone it will blocked anywhere in Europe so you wont be able to use it.

Also you can ask for the IMEI or serial and check on Itune for further information.

HTH Abdel

MarzBarz

And if it did get barred it wouldnt make a difference as its a french … And if it did get barred it wouldnt make a difference as its a french iphone and not a uk one.

Blocked IMEI's are western europe wide, if its banned over there it will be here too
    Edited by: "harlzter" 6th Jan 2011

Original Poster

i checked his serial number, he has only had it since november 24 2010. The only problem is he sounds genuine, but i dont know what network it will work on, if its an unlocked one it should work, but if it was brought on contract in france, then il see what the situation is!

harlzter

Blocked IMEI's are western europe wide, if its banned over there it will … Blocked IMEI's are western europe wide, if its banned over there it will be here too

http://blog.barfoo.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/o_rly001.jpg

is there anyway around a blocked iphone??

eg jailbreaking it ? and unlocking it?

zerowing

is there anyway around a blocked iphone??eg jailbreaking it ? and … is there anyway around a blocked iphone??eg jailbreaking it ? and unlocking it?

How do you mean "blocked"?

my mate found a iphone 4.. its already disabled.. so it will work in a diff country?

dcx_badass

Outside of Europe, should just hand it in and not be a thief though.

thats what I think, as if it happened to me Id be devistated

Bad idea.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Pet lifetime insurance advice needed11
      2. Sold item on eBay from UK - buyer from USA55
      3. How to get laptop to boot from DVD/CD drive?59
      4. Speccing a gaming pc415

See more discussions