Buying a Graphics card from America

Posted 14th Dec 2019
Afternoon All I Found a good deal on Ebay for a graphics card a Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB for around £315 after being converted to pounds. I am hoping to grab one but my main concern is if it gets stopped by customs any saving I make is lost and probably will lead to the card costing me more. Has anyone ordered a card from America before and had the luck of avoiding additional charges. Just looking for any advice or experience with it,
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
psychedelicrenegade14/12/2019 14:25

What about this - …What about this - https://www.overclockers.co.uk/sapphire-radeon-rx-vega-64-nitro-8gb-hbm2-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-38j-sp.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiArdLvBRCrARIsAGhB_swBGtQErtLGhlnnIit3ZZCSAsXtwq-NUvX2rdfSjbGxt64GPll-NkwaAsB7EALw_wcBOr even an ex-display - https://www.ebuyer.com/921212-exdisplay-sapphire-radeon-rx-5700-pulse-8gb-gddr6-graphics-card-ebr1-11294-01-20g?mkwid=s_dm&pcrid=51630194939&pkw=&pmt=&gclid=Cj0KCQiArdLvBRCrARIsAGhB_sx3-SEJEYvKrLi3zvibje7vAsSiBrzHy10yoC4YkVB2qt0J6tBWuDsaAopwEALw_wcB

considering going for this one ebuyer.com/921…als

But that isnt an XT is there a big difference between the 5700 and 5700 XT
There's not a lot of difference performance wise between the 5700 and the XT for the saving that could be made.

How does the warranty work if buying from the US?

I've always had EVGA cards and think I can remember buying a card from the US many years ago and it wasn't covered by EU warranty.
psychedelicrenegade14/12/2019 14:39

There's not a lot of difference performance wise between the 5700 and the …There's not a lot of difference performance wise between the 5700 and the XT for the saving that could be made.How does the warranty work if buying from the US?I've always had EVGA cards and think I can remember buying a card from the US many years ago and it wasn't covered by EU warranty.

Gonna go for the refurb its mainly going to be used for VR playing boneworks and half life Alyx next year appreciate the link, have a good weekend
hopper_papa_roac14/12/2019 14:41

Gonna go for the refurb its mainly going to be used for VR playing …Gonna go for the refurb its mainly going to be used for VR playing boneworks and half life Alyx next year appreciate the link, have a good weekend

No probs, you too
Don't do it. You'll get hit for VAT + Customs + Handling fee!!
Been posted before: there's a freephone hotline to specifically assist with this type of question: 0800 788 887
redserpent14/12/2019 14:52

Don't do it. You'll get hit for VAT + Customs + Handling fee!!

I agree with this. Usually you can find a 5700XT whenever eBuyer do their eBay 10 or 20% off code and I think there's one currently going on
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions