Groups

    Buying A House

    Currently selling 2 houses and we have found the one we want for definate but until ours sell, we can't put an offer in.

    We have met the seller a few times to view the house and explained to him what our position is etc and he is in no rush to sell.

    But, my question is, is there anything legally binding i can do, to make sure i get that house?

    14 Comments

    Original Poster

    Oooops ........ sorry mods, please move to misc.

    ask him to take it off the market? and buy privately without estate agents fees perhaps??

    Banned

    until contracts are exchanged anyone can back out at any time.

    arcangel111;8380038

    ask him to take it off the market? and buy privately without estate … ask him to take it off the market? and buy privately without estate agents fees perhaps??



    I think i maybe mistaken but you may still have to pay fees if the buyer was introduced to the seller via the estate agents, or there maybe a waiting period!!!

    2sly;8380046

    until contracts are exchanged anyone can back out at any time.



    Sorry - ^---- this. In fact, until you've actually got the keys, they can still back out, though it might cost them if you go for breach of contract. Frankly the seller has nothing to gain by taking the house off the market to save it for you, it could take years for you to sell yours to be in a position to purchase. I suggest you think seriously about lowering your asking prices if you have your hearts set on one house alone, in an effort to sell quicker and secure it.

    You could go to one of those companies who guarantee to buy your house(s) (below asking price obviously) but at least you would be in a position to buy your dream home.

    Get a bridging loan.

    Original Poster

    Thankyou all for the comments and advice.

    Like you say, any 'offer' made on a personal promise would mean nothing if a buyer came in with a cash offer for example. I wouldn't expect him to take it off the market and wait for me because i wouldn't do it the other way round.

    Our 2 have only been on a week and a half, we have had 2 viewings on the one already so we are hopeful.

    We just know that when you have your heart set on something, it will never all fall into place as you wish it would.

    It's a perfect house for us, location, price etc etc and others we have viewed just don't compare and we always keep coming back to this specific one.

    So, it's just sit back and wait and keep everything crossed !!!

    Banned

    Why can't you put an offer in?

    Original Poster

    JonnyTwoToes;8380292

    Why can't you put an offer in?



    We need at least one of the houses to sell first ...... havn't got that amount of money lying around unfortunately ........ :-(

    mrman007;8380103

    I think i maybe mistaken but you may still have to pay fees if the buyer … I think i maybe mistaken but you may still have to pay fees if the buyer was introduced to the seller via the estate agents, or there maybe a waiting period!!!



    don't think the waiting period will matter if he has to sell his homes first..

    Banned

    whatsThePoint;8380341

    most estates won't proceed unless you have finances inplace



    Not talking about proceeding. You can put an offer in with most estates agents as long as you tell them your status. It is obvious a someone in a chain is less attractive than a cash or first time buyer.

    That said, you should be able to put an offer in regardless.

    Banned

    smithyp1;8380452

    We need at least one of the houses to sell first ...... havn't got that … We need at least one of the houses to sell first ...... havn't got that amount of money lying around unfortunately ........ :-(



    If he's not in a rush to sell, you should be able to put your offer in anyway.

    Original Poster

    JonnyTwoToes;8380587

    If he's not in a rush to sell, you should be able to put your offer in … If he's not in a rush to sell, you should be able to put your offer in anyway.



    but i don't see the point in putting in an offer without the backup because if we did have the backup as such, the offer we would make would be lower and we would haggle more to a degree.
    Post a comment
    Avatar
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Does the app aznog still work?22
      2. Best Custom ROM for XIaomi Redmi Note 233
      3. Virgin Media TV67
      4. Samsung 4k TVs which one 49/55inch curved? £1.50023

      See more discussions