Groups

Buying a Japanese exclusive PS Vita online.

Has anyone bought a Japanese PS VITA online? I'm interested in the cheapest place to get one from, as the colours are tempting me

Prices don't look too bad from Play Asia until you get to the shipping section! Has anyone found a cheaper alternative website?

I know there are many on here who import Japanese Vita games frequently (although you might all just use Play Asia or Rice Digital) so hopefully some of you are more in the know than me.

13 Comments

I sold my UK vita last year and bought a blue vita off Amazon. There used to be a Chinese guy on eBay/Amazon selling all colours cheaper than play Asia. I paid just less than £150 for mine new. Be advised the circle and x buttons are other way round in Japanese consoles, in terms of functionality but even than you can easily adjust the buttons from the system menu. Games are all as normal. Hope that helps.

Original Poster

mixmixi

I sold my UK vita last year and bought a blue vita off Amazon. There used … I sold my UK vita last year and bought a blue vita off Amazon. There used to be a Chinese guy on eBay/Amazon selling all colours cheaper than play Asia. I paid just less than £150 for mine new. Be advised the circle and x buttons are other way round in Japanese consoles, in terms of functionality but even than you can easily adjust the buttons from the system menu. Games are all as normal. Hope that helps.

Cheers for that. I looked on eBay and found what I thought was a really good person, but I read his feedback and he had loads of unfulfilled Christmas deliveries so I swerved him. I'll definitely give it another look after you saying that though
    I was aware of the button mapping and being region free as well but thanks for the info. Do you import many games yourself? If so, what sites do you use?

Who is the seller mate? Well buying through eBay you're protected anyway. It took me two days to get the console delivered from China by the way. I normally don't buy import games except from coolshop. They're really cool to buy from, lol. Time to time I get some of those Japanese titles that never get a uk release through Amazon U.K./U.S. I've got phantasy star nova delivered today from japan off Amazon. Play Asia is good but they're always pricier than anywhere else imho.

This is the guy I bought from: ebay.co.uk/itm…637

Says he's in Netherlands but it's a lie, he's in China! Nevertheless he was decent. I even forced him to refund me the difference of his price drop once I received the console (he dropped the price after I ordered the console by £10ish) lol

Original Poster

mixmixi

Who is the seller mate? Well buying through eBay you're protected anyway. … Who is the seller mate? Well buying through eBay you're protected anyway. It took me two days to get the console delivered from China by the way. I normally don't buy import games except from coolshop. They're really cool to buy from, lol. Time to time I get some of those Japanese titles that never get a uk release through Amazon U.K./U.S. I've got phantasy star nova delivered today from japan off Amazon. Play Asia is good but they're always pricier than anywhere else imho.

I don't remember the one I was looking at offhand. Do you have the seller name from when you bought yours? I could always search that seller and see if they are still active. Two days is quick! That's why I'd like to know of reputable sellers, two days sounds better than waiting 3-4 weeks and finally realising they just never sent it.
    I'll give Coolshop a look. I'm trying to be a little more open to trying lots of different games this year. So that's useful, cheers.

Original Poster

mixmixi

This is the guy I bought from: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161843140637 … This is the guy I bought from: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161843140637 Says he's in Netherlands but it's a lie, he's in China! Nevertheless he was decent. I even forced him to refund me the difference of his price drop once I received the console (he dropped the price after I ordered the console by £10ish) lol

Ah you beat me to it while I was typing a reply. Thanks!

Original Poster

mixmixi

This is the guy I bought from: … This is the guy I bought from: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161843140637Says he's in Netherlands but it's a lie, he's in China! Nevertheless he was decent. I even forced him to refund me the difference of his price drop once I received the console (he dropped the price after I ordered the console by £10ish) lol

I might have looked at him in my original search. Lots of feedback about not sending items out. Yet you got yours within two days no hitches? And no import taxes? Like you said PayPal is an easy recoup process whatever happens.

Spidersmudge

I might have looked at him in my original search. Lots of feedback about … I might have looked at him in my original search. Lots of feedback about not sending items out. Yet you got yours within two days no hitches? And no import taxes? Like you said PayPal is an easy recoup process whatever happens.

I had no issues mate. That's personal experience. My story was like to order the item, then realise damn the guy is Netherlands so gonna have to wait a week at least, then two days later the item turned up! So it was a speedy delivery. They even provided tacking number! I'm neither encouraging or discouraging you to buy from him but I personally had no issues. I guess when it comes to Christmas lots of deliveries experience delays or lost. He's got only 6 negative in past month thou? Anyhow, decision is yours to make sir.

Hi I recently used nin-nin-game.com to buy Japanese Ocarina of Time Link amiibo as they all sold out here, the price seemed pretty good Inc. tracked del. about £15, and came alot quicker than expected.
    Don't know how good their PS Vita prices are but maybe worth a look n2g

Does the Vita have an international warranty ?

Original Poster

mixmixi

I had no issues mate. That's personal experience. My story was like to … I had no issues mate. That's personal experience. My story was like to order the item, then realise damn the guy is Netherlands so gonna have to wait a week at least, then two days later the item turned up! So it was a speedy delivery. They even provided tacking number! I'm neither encouraging or discouraging you to buy from him but I personally had no issues. I guess when it comes to Christmas lots of deliveries experience delays or lost. He's got only 6 negative in past month thou? Anyhow, decision is yours to make sir.

I'll probably go for it if I can only decide the colour I want the most
    Cheers for the info.

Original Poster

jco83

Hi I recently used nin-nin-game.com to buy Japanese Ocarina of Time Link … Hi I recently used nin-nin-game.com to buy Japanese Ocarina of Time Link amiibo as they all sold out here, the price seemed pretty good Inc. tracked del. about £15, and came alot quicker than expected.Don't know how good their PS Vita prices are but maybe worth a look n2g

Cheers I'll give them a look

Original Poster

dozstanford

Does the Vita have an international warranty ?

It doesn't no...
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want some backless loafers for men33
      2. Hard drive 'died'(?), what can I do? (for computer wizards please!)510
      3. Xbox one region locked codes?22
      4. Phone "Upgrade"36

See more discussions