Buying a laptop under a budget.

Found 4th Jan
Hi all,

I would like some advice on buying a laptop please.

I am looking for something that has
i7/i5 7th generation processor+
8gb ram+
SSD
14"+
thin and lightweight (around 2.5kg)
and under £500 (wouldn't mind paying a bit more for really good one)
decent battery life

If any of you have an excellent laptop with these specs or any suggestions please let me know in the comments section. I need to get one before the end of January.

I can't seem to find any other discussion similar to this. but if there are links would also be highly appreciated.

Thank you for taking your time to read my post.

Many thanks,

Para

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
4 Comments

I think this has been among the best deals given the spec you've described hotukdeals.com/dea…253 especially over the last few months.

(or this one just posted hotukdeals.com/dea…016)
Edited by: "Sharp7" 4th Jan

Original Poster

Sharp756 m ago

I think this has been among the best deals given the spec you've described …I think this has been among the best deals given the spec you've described https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/hp-250-g6-laptop-i7-7500u-256gb-ssd-8gb-ram-fhd-52997-boxcouk-2868253 especially over the last few months.(or this one just posted https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/full-hd-i5-7200u-8gb-ram-256-gb-ssd-good-value-despite-not-8th-gen-44999-ebuyer-2871016)

Thank you! That's laptops look great! I'll be sure to have a look. Have you come across any Asus or any Dell ones as I want to try get one with a metal body of some sort.

I haven't seen anything in terms of spec to really match or beat these HP personally the last few months, searching for Asus comes up with a few possible units but they lack 1080P screens and overall performance.

Original Poster

Sharp71 h, 43 m ago

I haven't seen anything in terms of spec to really match or beat these HP …I haven't seen anything in terms of spec to really match or beat these HP personally the last few months, searching for Asus comes up with a few possible units but they lack 1080P screens and overall performance.

That's what I hate. I've seen laptops with amazing specs with a rubbish display. Or the laptop has everything I need but does not have SSD and if I install one it would void the warranty. Which will rack up the cost. And just checked with my work place and they don't cover insurance on laptops brought from ebuyer or box.com which sucks. Will JL price match this. However they do accept certified online shops like laptops direct which is odd if you ask me.
Edited by: "parasyte" 4th Jan
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants