Groups

Buying A Light Fitting From B&Q?

I purchased two light fittings yesterday in B&Q and noticed when paying that one of the boxes had been opened.

The light bulbs were not in the box. The light I was purchasing should have had 6X GU10 bulbs halogen. I asked the cashier if I could get a discount on the item as there were parts missing. She called the manager and the manager told me to go and get some bulbs for the light fitting.

I chose bulbs costing £8.98 each!. The cashier scanned them through the checkout and refunded me the cost, saving me £53.88! Although I did spend £239 on light fittings!

10 Comments

Nice One.

So your tip is to ensure you get in the box what you pay for....?

Sorry but - seriously?

Original Poster

MrShed;8634252

So your tip is to ensure you get in the box what you pay for....?Sorry … So your tip is to ensure you get in the box what you pay for....?Sorry but - seriously?

Yes it is and in this instance it payed off quite well! :-D

so what's the deal? (in both senses of the phrase)

MrShed;8634252

So your tip is to ensure you get in the box what you pay for....?Sorry … So your tip is to ensure you get in the box what you pay for....?Sorry but - seriously?

Or to ensure that you DON'T get in the box what you pay for ?

so what's the deal?

Simple!

[LIST=1]
    [*]Buy a light fitting and take it home
    [*]Remove bulbs and practice a horrified "Jesus ate my baby" facial expression.
    [*]Return to B&Q, demand replacement bulbs.
    [*]Get a dozen diamond-encrusted fifteed-quid-a-pop LED for free.
    [*]???
    [*]PROFIT!!! (or jail)
    [/LIST]

OliWarner;8634352

Simple![LIST=1][*]Buy a light fitting and take it home[*]Remove bulbs and … Simple![LIST=1][*]Buy a light fitting and take it home[*]Remove bulbs and practice a horrified "Jesus ate my baby" facial expression.[*]Return to B&Q, demand replacement bulbs.[*]Get a dozen diamond-encrusted fifteed-quid-a-pop LED for free.[*]???[*]PROFIT!!! (or jail)[/LIST]

Haha:thumbsup:

OliWarner;8634352

Simple![LIST=1][*]Buy a light fitting and take it home[*]Remove bulbs and … Simple![LIST=1][*]Buy a light fitting and take it home[*]Remove bulbs and practice a horrified "Jesus ate my baby" facial expression.[*]Return to B&Q, demand replacement bulbs.[*]Get a dozen diamond-encrusted fifteed-quid-a-pop LED for free.[*]???[*]PROFIT!!! (or jail)[/LIST]

Or carry out Fraud..

Banned

I'm lost for words.

RickT;8635024

Or carry out Fraud..

Thus the jail :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Free pr subsidised loft insulation -not in benefits11
      2. Biscuit addiction1537