Groups

buying a mattress tips - outlets etc

All

I'm looking to buy a mattress. I realise that it's a very personal thing and I'll be going into stores to try....... However, does anyone have any tips to get one as cheaply as possible, such as main stores having outlets, or end of line places etc? Even codes for discounts etc. Anything which could bring the cost down!

I'm looking for a quality mattress, budget around £400 - £500, but if I can get a £1000 mattress for this price, all the better!

Thanks in advance.

25 Comments

IKEA ones are good. Get a fabulous topper and box spring and you are all set. If you dont fancy that then

happybeds.co.uk/mat…ses

Was looking for a bed in the usual high street shops then found this on Amazon and took a punt on it after reading the reviews and it's really really good unbelievable for the money you get the bed and head board, only thing is it's a tad high off the ground but soon get used to it.

amazon.co.uk/Buc…C+2
    Edited by: "dylan1973" 16th Mar

Original Poster

getmeone

IKEA ones are good. Get a fabulous topper and box spring and you are all … IKEA ones are good. Get a fabulous topper and box spring and you are all set. If you dont fancy that thenhttp://www.happybeds.co.uk/mattresses

Thanks for that - are ikea ones standard sizes?

ktm666

Thanks for that - are ikea ones standard sizes?

Both UK and Euro. Be careful.

Original Poster

dylan1973

Was looking for a bed in the usual high street shops then found this on … Was looking for a bed in the usual high street shops then found this on Amazon and took a punt on it after reading the reviews and it's really really good unbelievable for the money you get the bed and head board, only thing is it's a tad high off the ground but soon get used to it.https://www.amazon.co.uk/Buckingham-mattress-designer-headboard-chenille/dp/B00VYNMFZU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1489690067&sr=8-1&keywords=Luxury+Buckingham+Divan+Base+with+12%22+deep+2000+pocket+sprung+memory+foam+mattress%2C+2

Thanks - I'll have a look for just the mattress as I already have a bed.

Original Poster

getmeone

Both UK and Euro. Be careful.

You mean they stock both sizes?

go to the store to see and try what you like and note make and model and price then go home and google make and model to find best price you can get including delivery

ktm666

YES Exactly that. Here is an example. 25 year guarantee and 90 day trial.

ikea.com/gb/…48/
    Edited by: "getmeone" 16th Mar

Original Poster

ninegt

go to the store to see and try what you like and note make and model and … go to the store to see and try what you like and note make and model and price then go home and google make and model to find best price you can get including delivery

Thanks - that was my plan.

Original Poster

getmeone

YES Exactly that.

Thanks

ktm666

Not anymore, they only stock standard sized ones, but you can order the same mattresses in European sizes online or instore. So the kingsize one they stock is now 150cm, but you can order the European kingsize of 160cm online in the same mattress.

I don't know where you are but John Lewis has an outlet at Swindon and things are up to 75% off, they always seem to have lots of mattresses.

That sounds good what kind of prices are they for like a decent pocket sprung double mattress that retails about 400?

dylan1973

Was looking for a bed in the usual high street shops then found this on … Was looking for a bed in the usual high street shops then found this on Amazon and took a punt on it after reading the reviews and it's really really good unbelievable for the money you get the bed and head board, only thing is it's a tad high off the ground but soon get used to it.https://www.amazon.co.uk/Buckingham-mattress-designer-headboard-chenille/dp/B00VYNMFZU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1489690067&sr=8-1&keywords=Luxury+Buckingham+Divan+Base+with+12%22+deep+2000+pocket+sprung+memory+foam+mattress%2C+2

That looks good, how high is it with the mattress on? Amazon says 14 inch divan so im assuming it means the base only

How firm is it please? My existng king mattress needs to go and its spings + memory foam silentnight but I find it gets too warm because of the foam

Original Poster

Cakeboy79

Not anymore, they only stock standard sized ones, but you can order the … Not anymore, they only stock standard sized ones, but you can order the same mattresses in European sizes online or instore. So the kingsize one they stock is now 150cm, but you can order the European kingsize of 160cm online in the same mattress.

Thanks for that

Original Poster

windym

I don't know where you are but John Lewis has an outlet at Swindon and … I don't know where you are but John Lewis has an outlet at Swindon and things are up to 75% off, they always seem to have lots of mattresses.

You're a genius! I hadn't considered there - I'm in Bristol so might pop in this weekend. Thanks!

getmeone

IKEA ones are good. Get a fabulous topper and box spring and you are all … IKEA ones are good. Get a fabulous topper and box spring and you are all set. If you dont fancy that thenhttp://www.happybeds.co.uk/mattresses

I agree. Ikea beds are fantastic. I bought there top mattress and 2 years later I still comment about how comfy it is. Silentnight etc are garbage

jase.2

That looks good, how high is it with the mattress on? Amazon says 14 inch … That looks good, how high is it with the mattress on? Amazon says 14 inch divan so im assuming it means the base only How firm is it please? My existng king mattress needs to go and its spings + memory foam silentnight but I find it gets too warm because of the foam

Just measured with just tad under 29" from the floor, the mattress is quite firm and very comfortable

getmeone

+1 for happy beds - great fillings and low prices - had ours (silver pocket sprung) 5+ years and is still perfect

whydoineedastupidusername

I agree. Ikea beds are fantastic. I bought there top mattress and 2 years … I agree. Ikea beds are fantastic. I bought there top mattress and 2 years later I still comment about how comfy it is. Silentnight etc are garbage

If that IS you in the Avatar, any chance I could pop over and test it?;)

Mattressman is probably best place for prices.

New latex ones are amazing!
    I was thinking of purchasing from LatexSense as they seem to have the best reviews here - I think they also have a shop in London to try them out

getmeone

If that IS you in the Avatar, any chance I could pop over and test it?;)

Haha...You need to watch UFC a bit more....I agree entirely with your sentiment though....If you want more info then Google "arianny Celeste"

whydoineedastupidusername

Haha...You need to watch UFC a bit more....I agree entirely with your … Haha...You need to watch UFC a bit more....I agree entirely with your sentiment though....If you want more info then Google "arianny Celeste"

Gonna have to get a Mattress protector now.8) Thanks for the info.X)

I just ordered a Leesa double for £510, wish me luck
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Fitbit HR11
      2. Hi Wonder if anyone can help...I urgently need to buy a laptop today , up t…34
      3. Has anyone seen a cereal dispenser in shops?34
      4. 2 for 1 at Alton Towers this weekend?78

See more discussions