Buying a mobile phone with a £100 budget

Posted 26th Nov
Hello!

I am looking to buy a mobile phone with a restricted budget of £100*

I want it to be a new phone so don't want any refurbished deals. Given the budget I'm not particularly interested in entertaining Apple or Samsung phones (not that I think you'd find any). I have been looking at phone from Xiaomi, Honor, Oppo etc

I don't particularly understand what's specs are better than others so would appreciate some guidance

The phone would predominantly be used for calls, texts, whatsapp, news, and some very basic casual gaming (wordscape kind of stuff)

One of the biggest selling points for me would be a decent battery life, second to that would be speed of performance

Camera quality, phone storage, size of the handset, colour of the handset, notch/screen size aren't particularly important

Thank you all in advance!

*I will entertain phones over £100 but want to keep the costs down
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

11 Comments
Moto G7 play or power
adamderak26/11/2019 19:20

Moto G7 play or power

Power Power Power all day long(and another 2 or 3)

Edited by: "Treboeth" 26th Nov
It may be worthwhile looking at cheap contracts with phone included as you could end up spending a good amount on a sim only depending on provider and this would spread the cost.
Regarding handsets the Moto range are good phones and often drop sub £100. The g7 play is £110 in Argos with potential for cashback through work schemes etc.
Thank you all! I've been looking at the G7 Power! The idea of a large battery sounds great for me!
Shame about that deal @Treboeth - it seems they're out of stock now. Any other places that I could pick it up cheaper? Amazon is roughly £130
markkooper26/11/2019 20:00

Thank you all! I've been looking at the G7 Power! The idea of a large …Thank you all! I've been looking at the G7 Power! The idea of a large battery sounds great for me!Shame about that deal @Treboeth - it seems they're out of stock now. Any other places that I could pick it up cheaper? Amazon is roughly £130

giffgaff.com/mob…ans

6 in stock at the moment.
Buy like new, which they literally are Huawei y6 2019 £49 at 02 but stock comes and goes. Really good battery and good budget phone but not those crap ones.
I'd hold out to Friday. Giffgaff were doing the play and power for £99 p&g (sold out now). O2 released a similar deal last year on black Friday and aren't listing them ATM in their website so there's a reasonable chance they could put up a deal IMO.
If you miss out on Friday there's always Cyber Monday.
Definitely get a Huawei y6 £99.99 at Argos use any sim with it.
spyro12327/11/2019 01:10

Definitely get a Huawei y6 £99.99 at Argos use any sim with it.

In what way is that better than a G7 Power?
Treboeth27/11/2019 01:39

In what way is that better than a G7 Power?

I don't even know what a G7 is..
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions