Groups

Buying a new phone from someone without receipt! Too risky?

I'm thinking of purchasing an expensive mobile phone from someone who is selling it because it's an unwanted upgrade on contract. Thus I doubt there is any receipt they can provide me with...If they were using it and it failed, they could contact the network provider and get a replacement sent.

But what happens if I buy it from them and it fails after say 6 months? Is there anyway I can get it repaired for free?

Thanks.

9 Comments

too jazzy

Original Poster

Alfonse;6723086

too jazzy

Can we try to offer the needy OP some proper help pls? ;-)

Just make sure you know where the seller lives

The End;6723098

Can we try to offer the needy OP some proper help pls? ;-)

it is too jazzy, you buy in a private sale the come on any issue is not worth the hassle

be aware you're buying it with no proof of purchase.

Original Poster

If only the phone was PAYG, I guess this is a flaw of the contract system, they really should offer a receipt so people can sell them and not have to contact the stupid network providers...

Even if the phone is an upgrade they would get some form of receipt, even if it's just the delivery note - so if it's totally genuine then the seller would have some king of paperwork for it

Mrs.Z;6723501

Even if the phone is an upgrade they would get some form of receipt, even … Even if the phone is an upgrade they would get some form of receipt, even if it's just the delivery note - so if it's totally genuine then the seller would have some king of paperwork for it

this

they should have a receipt, it will usually have the phone ie

Nokia E71 (upgrade) £0.00

The agreed price that you strike should always take into account the risk element. There are many people who do sell on relatively new phones, but always beware of the sellers who state: there's no box, the dog chewed it, no accessories or original wall charge, those not being available, then I would avoid like the plaque, you may well end up owning a brick if has emerged from unsavory sources. :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767218
      2. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1012
      3. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?917
      4. love affairs912

See more discussions