Buying a Nissan Note, Any Good?

Found 5th Feb 2012
I'm buying a 2008 model Nissan Note for the wife. She likes it, seems small and nippy but with quirky larger interior. Nissan were always known for reliable Japanese quality, not sure how good they still are. Any one got this model or any recent Nissan, how good are they?
Community Updates
MiscNissan
18 Comments
We had an automatic Note as a rental couple of years ago - nice little drive but felt "special" driving around in it - so wouldnt own one!!
"special" least the windows would be clean.

On a more serious NOTE. ( c what I did there) buy a bay hall meriva. Spacious inside, good engines and clever rear doors.
or for something a touch smaller but very very versatile, honda jazz.
Banned
Are you

Disabled?
Old?

If the answer is no to both of the above then look at something else.
should you not have asked this, before you are buying one?
I have no idea if Top Gear give a fair review but here is what they say...

topgear.com/uk/…ote
I think it's kind of cute. But I am old and drive a fiesta.

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x24/choccywoccy/c5875_Nissan_Note_3555276070_3ff72c2529.jpg
I love Nisan's I bought a brand new Quashqai+2 3 months ago, and it's as reliable and comfy as my older Nissan purchases.
Isn't the Nissan Note just a rebadged Renault Modus? If so you are just buying French build quality with a Japanese badge.
If you really need a motorised bath chair go for the Honda Jazz, just not the pink one!
Don't listen to them .... I don't own one but they look fine to me and seem to be good value. However drove a Vauxhall Astra as a rental in Spain at the New Year and was shocked that they seemed so good ... however it was new.
Original Poster
First choice was a Honda Jazz, but can't find one at the right price, also the garage I'm buying from are offering a price on my trade-in.

@pugw$sh You've hit the nail on the head.
The Nissan-Renault tie-in is what's created the doubts about whether Nissan are still building "Japanese" standard products.
My parents have the Honda Jazz (a pink one) it is a fairly good car, I think it was new at £10k.
I've had a further look at the Nissan Note and Renault Modus, the Renault is built in Spain and the Nissan is built in Washington, UK. They share the same design and chassis but are assembled in different plants, my brother had the Nissan Note and hated it. However it was used as a runaround for the Nanny(!!) and kids (his own car was a BMW X3) so to drop from the BMW to a Renault wouldn't suit his image. His wife hated it even more but she drove an A4 convertible.
I've driven both my brothers Nissan and my parents Jazz, the Jazz did feel better built. Neither was particularly enjoyable to drive, but both cars get from A to B with minimal fuss. For a small car with 4 doors and a little extra space both offer good value for money. Have a look at the Yaris Verso which, being a Toyota, is probably better built but will come at a premium price.
Smashing little cars. Wife owns one. Very roomy inside and fun to drive. They are reliable and nippy. Feels a bit like driving a go-cart! Neighbour works at Nissan and he has one too - he said that it was the same engine as the Quashqui.
Good reliable car, had one for 2 years.
Banned
pugw$sh

Isn't the Nissan Note just a rebadged Renault Modus? If so you are just … Isn't the Nissan Note just a rebadged Renault Modus? If so you are just buying French build quality with a Japanese badge. If you really need a motorised bath chair go for the Honda Jazz, just not the pink one!

no its not.....

please be aware that renault practically own nissan and share many technologies
Nissan went down hill rapidly in year 2000 when they got tied up with the dreaded Renault, I would avoid like the plague.

There is a reason that they are cheap, because they are cheap and nasty.
Original Poster
Inactive

Nissan went down hill rapidly in year 2000 when they got tied up with the … Nissan went down hill rapidly in year 2000 when they got tied up with the dreaded Renault, I would avoid like the plague.There is a reason that they are cheap, because they are cheap and nasty.

I decided to pull out from buying the Note after dwelling on the Nissan Renault tie in.

Have plunged for a Honda Civic a lot nicer, though I must say the ride is not that brilliant having had it a for few days now.
mudddy

I decided to pull out from buying the Note after dwelling on the Nissan … I decided to pull out from buying the Note after dwelling on the Nissan Renault tie in.Have plunged for a Honda Civic a lot nicer, though I must say the ride is not that brilliant having had it a for few days now.

Good choice, For anyone else it is essentially a re-badged Renault Modus, Also especially avoid the 1.5 as that's a Renault engine.

My guess in 5 years or so you'll have nothing but electrical problems.
Edited by: ".MUFC." 22nd Feb 2012
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants