Buying a patio heater - gas or electric?

Found 6th Mar 2009
Hi all.

Wanting to buy 2 patio heaters, was intending to buy 2 tall stainless steel gas heaters, but am a bit put off by the gas costs (£30 deposit each on 2 Calor bottles, then £28 a time for the refills)

Each bottle would give between 15-26 hours heating going by seller's info.

So then I started looking at electric heaters but don't really want one that just heats in one direction, am wanting overall heating, really.

Just hoping you helpful lot can share your experiences and what you found best

Thanks loads, am rather confused at the moment!

11 Comments

Gas heaters are nice but really bad for the enviroment Go for Electric save the planet!!!
heat-outdoors.co.uk/sho…tml

how about a chimnea? just throw in some logs.

mikebike;4566577

Gas heaters are nice but really bad for the enviroment Go for Electric … Gas heaters are nice but really bad for the enviroment Go for Electric save the planet!!!http://www.heat-outdoors.co.uk/shop/home.html

how does that work? somewhere down the line they're just as bad as each other.

MinstrelMan;4566598

how does that work? somewhere down the line they're just as bad as each … how does that work? somewhere down the line they're just as bad as each other.

True but if you have to do it go electric if Wyvale garden have banned all sales of Gas heaters it makes you think!

I find a jumper or coat works just as well,

either than or move to spain.

mikebike;4566619

True but if you have to do it go electric if Wyvale garden have banned … True but if you have to do it go electric if Wyvale garden have banned all sales of Gas heaters it makes you think!

Have they? Good for them.

Wood burners are the way to go

Original Poster

Can you get full length wood burning patio heaters?

ianstanley;4566707

I find a jumper or coat works just as well,either than or move to spain.

I second this. Heating the 'outside' just seems like the dimmest thing a human can do, no offence like!

Original Poster

Trickyjabs;4568078

I second this. Heating the 'outside' just seems like the dimmest thing a … I second this. Heating the 'outside' just seems like the dimmest thing a human can do, no offence like!

I get what you mean, but they are needed for heating outside a coffee shop so need to please the customers :thumbsup:

Infrared patio heater on a push button timer. So when nobody is using them they cost nothing.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941396
    2. Marmite1823
    3. Krack WiFi vuln1121
    4. UBER can be a waste of money1019

See more discussions