Groups

Buying a PC

So ive decided i need a new PC, i want to get a custom built one, i have a "friend" who will build it for me for £40 and get all the parts. However i think for the price he's quoted me i could get a better machine.

I will be using it for web browsing and gaming (Counterstrike Source and maybe COD). So it doesn't need to be a monster of a machine. I have a budget of £500 at the max, which must include a 19-22" screen, keyboard and the plugs that you connect to the router then to pc/xbox in another room (cant remember what theyre called). Operating system isn't essential. This is what i've been quoted for so far:

Asus P5KPL-AM iG31 8 channel audio mATX Motherboard
    Intel Pentium Dual Core E5200 2.5GHz Socket 775 800FSB 2MB Cache
    OCZ 4GB Kit (2x2GB) 800MHz/PC2-6400
    Seagate 250GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache
    Sony 20X DVD±RW DL & DVD-RAM SATA

£310 (£20/30 for a case that isn't selected yet)

But i pasted these into Ebuyer and found them all for a total of £219.

Can someone please build me a list that i can give to him to build!

20 Comments

just buy one from ebuyer, dell, misco, dabs or where ever...it'll be cheaper and faster, and you'll have a warranty! lol

lol. your 'friend' has bent you over and gone to town.

have to factor in psu as well, decent one of them is at least 40-- what about gfx card for gaming

deathtrap3000;3930769

:lol: braces down and over the barrel I'd say...

Original Poster

deathtrap3000;3930769

Thats why i haven't agreed anything yet :oops:

Original Poster

So...Any help at all?

Original Poster

elflembo;3930777

have to factor in psu as well, decent one of them is at least 40-- what … have to factor in psu as well, decent one of them is at least 40-- what about gfx card for gaming

Yea i forgot to mention PSU, although i'd say £20 is enough for a decent one. And not being rude but i didn't think i needed to mention a gfx card i would of thought that was standard.

Like i said spec is by no means great but your mate's not screwing you as much as you think,
    What about this yoyotech.co.uk/yoy…tml

From ebuyer:
    http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z106/emasu/ebuyerorder-2.png

From PC World:
    pcworld.co.uk/pro…074

Comes to £456.10 leaving you with £43.90 to buy your KB+M / other bits...

ZoLa__;3930906

Yea i forgot to mention PSU, although i'd say £20 is enough for a decent … Yea i forgot to mention PSU, although i'd say £20 is enough for a decent one. And not being rude but i didn't think i needed to mention a gfx card i would of thought that was standard.

What do you mean standard, integrated? cause if so you can forget about COD etc

get the bits off e buyer and get your friend to build "with you present" for £40 :thumbsup:

emasu;3930928

From ebuyer:From PC … From ebuyer:From PC World:http://www.pcworld.co.uk/product.php?sku=474074Comes to £456.10 leaving you with £43.90 to buy your KB+M / other bits...

Was about to say buy this but no MOBO add motherboard and good to go though

elflembo;3930970

Was about to say buy this but no MOBO add motherboard and good to go … Was about to say buy this but no MOBO add motherboard and good to go though

Mobo and CPU are from PCW. It is a good deal from them for once IMO.

emasu;3930982

Mobo and CPU are from PCW. It is a good deal from them for once IMO.

sorry my bad that is pretty good too, considering them myself for a mates build

Original Poster

Thanks emasu that looks good, just the motherboard and processor from PC World can be bought seperately for the same price so not much of a deal?

For me it's a better deal as I can just go and get it and save the hassle of delivery, ebuyer don't stock the e7200 ATM but the E7300 with that mobo would only be £10 more.

I suppose if it's all coming in one order then it's OK.

ZoLa__: Yea i forgot to mention PSU, although i'd say £20 is enough for a … ZoLa__: Yea i forgot to mention PSU, although i'd say £20 is enough for a decent one. And not being rude but i didn't think i needed to mention a gfx card i would of thought that was standard. What do you mean standard, integrated? cause if so you can forget about COD etc

What does he mean £20 for a decnet PSU!!!! Doubt that would even drive a decent enough gfx card to be able to play COD..lol...

being a little blonde. but is it supose to say £400? not £40?

Original Poster

It means £40 for labour charges
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …280968
      2. Surprise the Miles136 summer burning caribou comp12
      3. What is there free to do in your town?37
      4. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…1635

See more discussions