Buying a pre built gaming pc

Posted 28th Jan
hi all, I'm thinking of purchasing the Corsair one i64 and wondering if anyone knows of any deals ie they Chuck in a keyboard and mouse etc. I'm not interested in building so don't worry about it's cheaper to build comments. thanks in advance.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
At over £3k it's pretty shocking they don't throw in atleast a K70.

Why don't you try somewhere like CCL if you don't want to build your own?
Edited by: "Gormond" 28th Jan
That's crazy money for a pc.
m1keyp1key28/01/2020 13:04

That's crazy money for a pc.

Yeah the cost all comes from them cramming a 2080 Ti and 9900k into such a small space and still make it quiet without throttling.
Gormond28/01/2020 13:12

Yeah the cost all comes from them cramming a 2080 Ti and 9900k into such a …Yeah the cost all comes from them cramming a 2080 Ti and 9900k into such a small space and still make it quiet without throttling.

That's the benefit for me, loads of power in a quiet box with great thermals. Perfect for my living room.
benrobertsno128/01/2020 13:14

That's the benefit for me, loads of power in a quiet box with great …That's the benefit for me, loads of power in a quiet box with great thermals. Perfect for my living room.

Fair enough, the spec certainly looks good, the only real downside is the cost.

I would be a little nervous spending that on a PC when Nvidia's 7nm Ampere GPUs due out in Q2.
Gormond28/01/2020 13:12

Yeah the cost all comes from them cramming a 2080 Ti and 9900k into such a …Yeah the cost all comes from them cramming a 2080 Ti and 9900k into such a small space and still make it quiet without throttling.

I think i'd rather have a big case for half the money. Some big cases are quite attractive.
m1keyp1key28/01/2020 13:26

I think i'd rather have a big case for half the money. Some big cases are …I think i'd rather have a big case for half the money. Some big cases are quite attractive.

Yeah me too - but then I also prefer to build my own.
Gormond28/01/2020 13:28

Yeah me too - but then I also prefer to build my own.

So do i, i've still got my aerocool ds200 green case. It's not to everyones taste but for me i think it looks great. With the added bonus of a temperature display and can switch the fans off via the top panel.

I've a semi passive psu and a semi passive cpu cooler so can at times go completely silent if i want.
Edited by: "m1keyp1key" 28th Jan
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants