Buying a printer tomorrow from Currys - Tips Please

Banned
The printer I use atm costs £22 a go in ink cartridges and is getting stupid

Can someone help me find a good printer that'll be cheaper than my mortgage to buy ink for it

I wouldn't mind using refilled cartridges but want general tips please

Thanks

John

37 Comments

dont forget there price match 110% policy, if you can find it cheaper on the net where thetll accept it!

Original Poster Banned

fragaliciousbob;3118992

http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/252719/34-99-brother-all-in-one-printer-sc/ try this one matey

We dont have any of those stores here, hence the currys in the title

Thanks for the help though

Don't buy a Lexmark or HP
Go for a Canon or Epson. I use an Epson, but I think Canon ink is cheaper.

Original Poster Banned

Predikuesi;3119043

Don't buy a Lexmark or HP

What one please

Are brother carts cheap now? Epson for me, tho they cut cart capacity in new printers, by half last year, cheeky ppl

Johnrulez;3119053

What one please

I use an Epson R360. Brilliant printer that produces fantastic photos. I would not use compatable ink though. Ruin printers using compatable cartridges and refills. The R360 doesn't seem to be available any more. This seems a decent one from PCWorld
pcworld.co.uk/mar…814

Predikuesi;3119082

I use an Epson R360. Brilliant printer that produces fantastic photos. I … I use an Epson R360. Brilliant printer that produces fantastic photos. I would not use compatable ink though. Ruin printers using compatable cartridges and refills.

I dont usualy but have to use at the mo, have you tried Inkrite, they seem ok, little diff and no blockages yet.
Got RX640 so same on pics cant fault it

Predikuesi;3119043

Don't buy a Lexmark or HP :)Go for a Canon or Epson. I use an Epson, but … Don't buy a Lexmark or HP :)Go for a Canon or Epson. I use an Epson, but I think Canon ink is cheaper.

I love my HP and they do regular online sales for their cartridges :thumbsup:

I use an HP and the full price of cartridges is £10 in Tesco.......its a fax too £49 from Staples HP Officejet model 4315 and if you choose, fast economical printing from the options the ink lasts twice as long.

Hi mate,

I can vouch for HP’s quality. I have had a photosmart for 2 years now and it’s never given me any trouble.

The photoshop series are your all in one solution - Printer, Copier & Scanner!

The software you get with HP is also wicked - image editing software which is really handy!.

New cartridges for mine are like £12 - new! - Refills probably cheaper.

Have a look at the HP Photosmart C4485 All-in-One Printer from currys!

:thumbsup:

p.s - for saving ink you can print in fast draft mode - reduces ink usage per page by up to 40% - and the quality still kicks ass!

wendyak;3119199

I use an HP and the full price of cartridges is £10 in Tesco.......its a … I use an HP and the full price of cartridges is £10 in Tesco.......its a fax too £49 from Staples HP Officejet model 4315 and if you choose, fast economical printing from the options the ink lasts twice as long.

always worth stocking up

hotukdeals.com/ite…hp/

Do HP still only do 3.5 ml in their carts ? I would check 1st but I agree HP super quali, my old 690c circa 1996 is better for text but cost loads for a cart, so depends what you need it for

Original Poster Banned

Danny_d;3119211

Hi mate,I can vouch for HP’s quality. I have had a photosmart for 2 y … Hi mate,I can vouch for HP’s quality. I have had a photosmart for 2 years now and it’s never given me any trouble. The photoshop series are your all in one solution - Printer, Copier & Scanner!The software you get with HP is also wicked - image editing software which is really handy!.New cartridges for mine are like £12 - new! - Refills probably cheaper.Have a look at the HP Photosmart C4485 All-in-One Printer from currys!:thumbsup:Its £100 in Currys, how much did you pay for it?The cartridges are £35 everywherep.s - for saving ink you can print in fast draft mode - reduces ink usage per page by up to 40% - and the quality still kicks ass!

Order from the HP site and get free delivery plus 15% off, unless you desperately need it tomorrow.

My photosmart was £109.99 2 years back its was the older photosmart the - 2575 version - obviously the one in the link is the newer one - but all photsmarts have common features.

£35 for ink? - are you certain? - a number of diff cartridges can fit the photosmart series. - Different cartridge numbers! £12 for black and £14 for colour - bought some 3 weeks ago! = £26

Original Poster Banned

I need it tomorrow

What about pcworld.co.uk/mar…347 guys

Johnrulez;3119356

I need it tomorrowWhat about … I need it tomorrowWhat about http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/product/seo/118347 guys

Do not get a Lexmark......they are really rubbish (thats me being polite)

Original Poster Banned

Also pcworld.co.uk/mar…820

An HP, a colour ink is £28 and black £22 odd, £60 to fill it, but apparently it lasts forever

Each one has 25ml in them

Original Poster Banned

choc1969;3119391

OK thanks

choc1969;3119391

Agreed, unless you are absolutely crazy and eager to waste your money.

Johnrulez;3119397

Also … Also http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/store/[email protected]@@@[email protected]@@@&BV_EngineID=ccehadeffkhddfkcflgceggdhhmdgmj.0&page=Product&fm=null&sm=null&tm=null&sku=070226&category_oid=-24820An HP, a colour ink is £28 and black £22 odd, £60 to fill it, but apparently it lasts foreverEach one has 25ml in them

Looks good, the printer will come with cartridges :? ?

Stock up with spares online, much cheaper

Johnrulez;3119356

I need it tomorrowWhat about … I need it tomorrowWhat about http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/product/seo/118347 guys

dont bother with lexmark! . many people i know have had trouble - mainly the print head + fuser unit

Predikuesi;3119404

Agreed, unless you are absolutely crazy and eager to waste your money.

The NHS and MoD (last 2 jobs) are filled with Lexmarks.....constantly breaking down so now they're switching to HP

choc1969;3119420

The NHS and MoD (last 2 jobs) are filled with Lexmarks.....constantly … The NHS and MoD (last 2 jobs) are filled with Lexmarks.....constantly breaking down so now they're switching to HP

I see loads of them at the local recycle yard (along with Dell printers, which I think are rebadged Lexmark).

Original Poster Banned

Apparently the wireless is poo in pcworld.co.uk/mar…820

do you think i'll still be able to connect it the old fashion way?

I currently have a Epson DX8400 and don't like it, it is currently not printing anything even with new ink

Johnrulez;3119435

Apparently the wireless is poo in … Apparently the wireless is poo in http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/store/[email protected]@@@[email protected]@@@&BV_EngineID=ccehadeffkhddfkcflgceggdhhmdgmj.0&page=Product&fm=null&sm=null&tm=null&sku=070226&category_oid=-24820do you think i'll still be able to connect it the old fashion way?I currently have a Epson DX8400 and don't like it, it is currently not printing anything even with new ink

Full specification

BenefitFormatPrint, Copy, Scan Pages per minute in black32 ppm ppm Pages per minute in colour24 ppm ppm Standalone FaxNO Standalone CopierYES Automatic Document feederNO [COLOR=red]ConnectivityUSB 2.0[/COLOR] + Wireless Software includedYES

Johnrulez;3119435

Apparently the wireless is poo in … Apparently the wireless is poo in http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/store/[email protected]@@@[email protected]@@@&BV_EngineID=ccehadeffkhddfkcflgceggdhhmdgmj.0&page=Product&fm=null&sm=null&tm=null&sku=070226&category_oid=-24820do you think i'll still be able to connect it the old fashion way? Yes :thumbsup:I currently have a Epson DX8400 and don't like it, it is currently not printing anything even with new ink

You won't get a good quality wireless printer unless you for out more cash

Original Poster Banned

Predikuesi;3119440

Full specificationBenefitFormatPrint, Copy, Scan Pages per minute in … Full specificationBenefitFormatPrint, Copy, Scan Pages per minute in black32 ppm ppm Pages per minute in colour24 ppm ppm Standalone FaxNO Standalone CopierYES Automatic Document feederNO [COLOR=red]ConnectivityUSB 2.0[/COLOR] + Wireless Software includedYES

Will use it normally, freaking out, as have to bin my 1 month old epson to buy another printer, we all think this is good guys?

Johnrulez;3119457

Will use it normally, freaking out, as have to bin my 1 month old epson … Will use it normally, freaking out, as have to bin my 1 month old epson to buy another printer, we all think this is good guys?

If you really want a HP then I cannot see much wrong with this one.

Thumbs up from me :thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

One last optional, this is the same kinda printer but more old school and uses same ink etc

pcworld.co.uk/mar…820

Its a tenner cheaper and amazon etc give it rave reviews

Johnrulez;3119484

One last optional, this is the same kinda printer but more old school and … One last optional, this is the same kinda printer but more old school and uses same ink etchttp://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/store/[email protected]@@@[email protected]@@@&BV_EngineID=ccehadeffkhddfkcflgceggdhhmdgmj.0&page=Product&fm=null&sm=null&tm=null&sku=041725&category_oid=-24820Its a tenner cheaper and amazon etc give it rave reviews

:thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

Thanks so much guys

I HATE PRINTERS LOL

I have a hp photosmart .... really good printer. I refill my own ink - bought a kit from tesco and it lasts ages -much much cheaper than continuously buying cartridges. :thumbsup:

Brother MFC-235C is 49.95 at staples instore....£30 off BARGAIN

fax/scan/copy

I reccomend buying a HP C4280 and some XL cartridges.. prett good value especially if you have an ink re-fill place near you.

Tim

Either that or you can have my Lexmark Z845 for £5 + P&P.. needs new colour ink (still about half of black ink left...)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Ask and Misc quieter since for sale has gone?710
    2. Three connection34
    3. Has anyone found any Baileys Pumpkin Spiced for sale in the UK ?22
    4. What's the name of that brand that looks like Playstation symbols?34

See more discussions