Groups

Buying a PS3 - Now or Wait Till January?

So amazon have some pretty good ps3 bundles just now, but do you think it would be advantageous to wait till January? Do you think there will be any significantly better bundles after christmas? I'm not sure what to do...

24 Comments

Probably best to wait for that 'potential' that keeps being mentioned.

waitt

I'd wait

Banned

Cant see it going any lower for a long while yet (my 80gb console worked out at £195 after selling the extras in the amazon bundle deal)

The longer you wait the lower the price will become to a point.

Just decide when to buy and check for the best deal at that time :thumbsup:

Buy an xbox you wont regret it. :thumbsup:

dontdothatagain;3826612

I'd wait

me 2:thumbsup:

esq3585;3827243

There's always one...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Lol:thumbsup:

Banned

esq3585;3827243

until it breaks down ;-)

average breakdown period is up to 5 months now so not as bad as they were :-D

csiman;3831578

until it breaks down ;-)average breakdown period is up to 5 months now so … until it breaks down ;-)average breakdown period is up to 5 months now so not as bad as they were :-D

Thats ********. I've have 2 at the moment and they are both over a year old and going strong. Any 360 bought new will not be anywhere near as tempermental as the launch 360s froms 3 years ago.

I hate it when ill-informed fanboys try and spread rubbish like this

Wait until March-April and see if the rumours were correct.

csiman;3831578

until it breaks down ;-)average breakdown period is up to 5 months now so … until it breaks down ;-)average breakdown period is up to 5 months now so not as bad as they were :-D

You's must be hitting them or covering them with ya boxers or something as I have 2 near launch units, 1 that is 6 months older and 2 elites from 05 and they are all fine bar 1 say tbh

Luck probably does play a part in it as 1 of the 360's is showing gfx glitches on any game that uses circle around character like on fifa,basket ball etc and it seems to draw millions of tower polygons (does anyone know 4 sure what the cause of that is apart from gfx gpu getting too hot which is my guess or general over heating

I actually have a launch Xbox 360, one of the very first in fact and it's still going strong...still prefer the PS3 though

Abvance;3832980

I actually have a launch Xbox 360, one of the very first in fact and it's … I actually have a launch Xbox 360, one of the very first in fact and it's still going strong...still prefer the PS3 though

It's a hard call I prefer the games on 360 and the firmware on the ps3.

Controller wise analogue sticks I prefer 360- DPad on ps3 is far better than on the 360 at least when you press down on ps3 dpad it moves down instead of right :lol

chatpad addon ps3 looks better sort of and I would say works as 360 messenger add on is hit n miss, I do not like the way ps3 bluetooth chatpad seems to have been disabled from working with Nokia phones

Media facility on ps3 is a lot better. Nice machine

Banned

autolesbona;3832868

Thats ********. I've have 2 at the moment and they are both over a year … Thats ********. I've have 2 at the moment and they are both over a year old and going strong. Any 360 bought new will not be anywhere near as tempermental as the launch 360s froms 3 years ago.I hate it when ill-informed fanboys try and spread rubbish like this

sez the 360 fanboy coming on to read ps3 threads :whistling:

bottom line is 360's are NOT reliable and everyone knows that unless they have their head stuck up their ar-- :roll:

Original Poster

esq3585;3827243

I already have an Xbox. I want a PS3 now that some decent stuff like LBP is coming out, plus I want it for the blu ray

I used to be a console freak upto the PS1 coming out and I haven't really bothered with them since.....

What is the best one to buy at the moment and is it a decent gaming experience?

csiman;3833014

sez the 360 fanboy coming on to read ps3 threads :whistling:bottom line … sez the 360 fanboy coming on to read ps3 threads :whistling:bottom line is 360's are NOT reliable and everyone knows that unless they have their head stuck up their ar-- :roll:

but 360s now are not unreliable. As I said i have 2 now which i have had for over a year with no problems. My previous 3 all ******* out but they were all replaced no problem over a year ago.

The PS3 has hardware problems too. But if you buy either from somewhere like GAME they will give you a straight swop within the first 12 months anyway, so this isn't really an issue.

I'm only a fanboy of gaming, NOT consoles. I have had (and still have) most consoles from every generation since the Nes days. I'm only pointing out that all the PS3 'fanboys' comments on the 360s reliability is at least a year or more out of date.

thekudos;3835038

I used to be a console freak upto the PS1 coming out and I haven't really … I used to be a console freak upto the PS1 coming out and I haven't really bothered with them since.....What is the best one to buy at the moment and is it a decent gaming experience?

For purely gaming get Xbox 360, for general entertainment PS3 is the best package.

Banned

Abvance;3835182

For purely gaming get Xbox 360, for general entertainment PS3 is the best … For purely gaming get Xbox 360, for general entertainment PS3 is the best package.

therein lies the voice of reason :thumbsup:

Abvance;3835182

For purely gaming get Xbox 360, for general entertainment PS3 is the best … For purely gaming get Xbox 360, for general entertainment PS3 is the best package.

I dont get why people say that.
    The only difference is the bluray playback. Or maybe its because it never managed to be what it was made to be.

Banned

deathtrap3000;3835440

I dont get why people say that. The only difference is the bluray … I dont get why people say that. The only difference is the bluray playback. Or maybe its because it never managed to be what it was made to be.

what rubbish!

built-in wifi

free online

blu-ray

and lots more

deathtrap3000;3835440

I dont get why people say that. The only difference is the bluray … I dont get why people say that. The only difference is the bluray playback. Or maybe its because it never managed to be what it was made to be.

The fact still remains that the PS3 just doesn't have the wide range of a game library as Xbox 360.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1219
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?28128
      3. What are you loving on the BBC at the moment?63218
      4. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…33

See more discussions