Buying a ps4 ps plus game on friend account.

Found 7th Dec 2017
If i add and set my friends ps plus account as primary on my ps4 will i be able to buy a ps plus discounted game from his account and also save the game to my main account even after my friends account is removed from my ps4.
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
Nope, you won't be able to play it.
Edited by: "bynouk" 7th Dec 2017
bynouk18 m ago

Nope, you won't be able to play it.

As above. Once you've removed his primary account off your console you'll lose all access to his library.
Edited by: "kos1c" 7th Dec 2017
kos1c2 m ago

As above. Once you've removed his primary account off your console you'll …As above. Once you've removed his primary account off your console you'll lose all access to his library.

What if I install the digital game on my account aswell as my friends then remove my friend account won't it stay installed.
IBRAARH21 m ago

What if I install the digital game on my account aswell as my friends then …What if I install the digital game on my account aswell as my friends then remove my friend account won't it stay installed.

The game will but you won't own a license to the game.

You need to keep the account that purchased the game as primary on that console.
Got a bit of free time now to explain.

Account sharing

(A) - your account
(B) - your friends

If you set (B) to primary on your console. Every account on your console gains access to all content he owns.

Your friend would then log into (B) on his own console to continue to play his games. While you would use (A) on your console to play the same game.

This is the 2 for 1 digital special (account sharing).

But as soon as you remove (B) from being primary on your console you then lose all the licences and the games will be locked. (Unless you use account (B) to play them).

What I used to do was let me ex girlfriend (when we were together) have my account on her console as primary. She would get access to my ps+, games and dlcs for free . Then she would pay me half towards games we both wanted to play (which was rare, because well. She a tight c*** haha ).
kos1c10 m ago

Got a bit of free time now to explain. Account sharing (A) - your account …Got a bit of free time now to explain. Account sharing (A) - your account (B) - your friends If you set (B) to primary on your console. Every account on your console gains access to all content he owns. Your friend would then log into (B) on his own console to continue to play his games. While you would use (A) on your console to play the same game. This is the 2 for 1 digital special (account sharing). But as soon as you remove (B) from being primary on your console you then lose all the licences and the games will be locked. (Unless you use account (B) to play them). What I used to do was let me ex girlfriend (when we were together) have my account on her console as primary. She would get access to my ps+, games and dlcs for free . Then she would pay me half towards games we both wanted to play (which was rare, because well. She a tight c*** haha ).

I honestly dont understand why you have to have the primary accounts mixed up. Why is your cosole his primary and vice versa. Seems really stupid

Its not something il ever use but im curious and you seem like a man in the know lol
123batman3211 h, 10 m ago

I honestly dont understand why you have to have the primary accounts mixed …I honestly dont understand why you have to have the primary accounts mixed up. Why is your cosole his primary and vice versa. Seems really stupidIts not something il ever use but im curious and you seem like a man in the know lol

A primary account is an administrator or master account. It lets everything on that system be used by sub users.

If you remove the admin account, all you have is a bunch of sub users with no media to use.

So my account has 200+ games on it.
If I were to let you add that to your console as primary. You, your siblings, and who else has an account on your system can have access to all my media without needing to use my account at all.

For me to use my own content on my console. I just simply log into my own account. We can both use the same game at the same time, which is the benefit off this account share.
kos1c3 m ago

A primary account is an administrator or master account. It lets …A primary account is an administrator or master account. It lets everything on that system be used by sub users. If you remove the admin account, all you have is a bunch of sub users with no media to use. So my account has 200+ games on it. If I were to let you add that to your console as primary. You, your siblings, and who else has an account on your system can have access to all my media without needing to use my account at all. For me to use my own content on my console. I just simply log into my own account. We can both use the same game at the same time, which is the benefit off this account share.

But what about my account on my console then? If i make my mates primary then mine must become a sub account does it not or am i missing something
123batman32115 m ago

But what about my account on my console then? If i make my mates primary …But what about my account on my console then? If i make my mates primary then mine must become a sub account does it not or am i missing something

You can set many primary accounts to one console.

My UK account and USA account are both set as primary accounts to my console. It just lets me share the library of games to every account. (Means I can play my USA purchased games on my UK account for trophies and ps+).

And my close friends have my user and password for my USA account. They have to play on that account to play those games.
Edited by: "kos1c" 7th Dec 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions