Groups

Buying a scooter

Hi i passed my CBT yesterday and having just bought a helmet and gloves im ready to get the bike - thing is max spend is £1500 but want a 125cc min as im going to be doing 40mph and dual carriage ways ( just the A297,A24,A219 and A238) which are pretty quiet when i go and come back)

Looking to get a bike that looks like a vespa that kind of style not a chavvy looking bike but finding it hard - vespas are like £1800 for a 50cc and £2700 for a 125cc)

Any suggestions - need something with a good fuel tank size and good mpg

Daniel

20 Comments

Original Poster

Something looking like this

http://www.jkbikes.co.uk/images/P1010002.JPG

not this
    http://sftscooters.com/images/moped-150t-02_1.jpg

I was looking at this tamoretti on ebay but i think its chinese and everyone says stay away from them as they fall apart
    This is a tamoretti - ebay item number : 110371657961
    http://www.scooter.co.uk/images/images_extra/Bike24_DB125T-10_Black_0001.jpg

[COLOR="Magenta"][SIZE="6"]congrats on passing your test[/SIZE][/COLOR]

get a vespa!! theyre awesome and uber cool!!

i.e something like this...

type this in flea bay and its the second one...

2004 PIAGGIO VESPA ET4 BLACK

Thought you had a mini?

scooter selling geezer on ebay

[FONT=arial][SIZE=2][SIZE=5]As the sole UK dealer for … [FONT=arial][SIZE=2][SIZE=5]As the sole UK dealer for Tamoretti[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]

If thats right then spares are going to be a nightmare to get!

Original Poster

harlzter;5061460

Thought you had a mini?

I have a mini , renault clio 03 and want a bike - living the dream mate :thumbsup:

May not be your type of thing, but I am 30 and have a 100cc ne of these...don't think it's too chavvy, just a good pretty quick reliable bike...
    http://symyedekparca.com/PEUGEOT_SPEEDFIGHT2.jpg
    Peugeot Speedfight

Original Poster

stephen2k5;5061436

i.e something like this...type this in flea bay and its the second … i.e something like this...type this in flea bay and its the second one...2004 PIAGGIO VESPA ET4 BLACK

really nice but i live in sutton in south london so wiltishire is a long way away

Banned

you want a vespa px 125 this is a geared scooter that looks like the 60's scooters i've had a few being an old mod

dandoc2;5061513

I have a mini , renault clio 03 and want a bike - living the dream mate … I have a mini , renault clio 03 and want a bike - living the dream mate :thumbsup:

Sweeeet! I bet the mini's the most fun! Cracking little cars,

Original Poster

harlzter;5061553

Sweeeet! I bet the mini's the most fun! Cracking little cars,

It was fun but over the winter last year it wouldnt start so i couldnt get to work which was a pain - so i sorned it and bought my clio - couldnt afford the insurance for both as i was paying £1800 for my mini and my clio is £2200 - loved my mini but the battery is flat atm so couldnt use it if i tried - amazing to drive though and way more fun than the clio which everytime i drive it feels mundane - which is why i want a scooter as i want to get to work a bit quicker and park where i work and have a little fun on the way

Original Poster

fragaliciousbob;5061541

you want a vespa px 125 this is a geared scooter that looks like the 60's … you want a vespa px 125 this is a geared scooter that looks like the 60's scooters i've had a few being an old mod

nah i tried geared bikes on my first cbt and failed because i couldnt get used to it - then did my cbt in a scooter and passed and it was great :thumbsup:

If you go for the tommy at direct bikes remember £50 quidco.

Original Poster

stephen2k5;5061426

get a vespa!! theyre awesome and uber cool!!

i would but they are ridiculously expensive

dandoc2;5061594

It was fun but over the winter last year it wouldnt start so i couldnt … It was fun but over the winter last year it wouldnt start so i couldnt get to work which was a pain - so i sorned it and bought my clio - couldnt afford the insurance for both as i was paying £1800 for my mini and my clio is £2200 - loved my mini but the battery is flat atm so couldnt use it if i tried - amazing to drive though and way more fun than the clio which everytime i drive it feels mundane - which is why i want a scooter as i want to get to work a bit quicker and park where i work and have a little fun on the way

Lol how is that "living the dream"?

Original Poster

sadiebabes;5061674

Lol how is that "living the dream"?

well 2 cars i suppose - and the dream of owning 1 car :w00t:
    The mini looks good and did work before it went flat

I know a guy whos got his vespa for sale, wants £800 for it i think. He offered me it but i got mine last year. Where abouts are you? we're in scarborough but i can find out for you if you want

nice one OP, just remember to get a good lock and be very aware of where you leave it, my last bike was nicked after owning it for a total of 6 hours ;-)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Moto G5S+ Case11
      2. Cracked windscreen, is it safe and legal to drive?1317
      3. Tooth extraction44
      4. Amazon prime subscribe & save33

See more discussions