Groups

Buying a shed-any tips

Hi, im looking for a shed, does anyone know of any decent place to get one from.

Ideally looking for a medium size shed, mainly going to be used for storing items like baby items and other goods

13 Comments

I found shedstore very reasonable - you can get quidco too.

I'd go for a shiplap rather than larchlap style. In my experience larch lap have a tendency to be more damp inside.

Original Poster

cool. shedstore il see what there like

Always buy one about 25% bigger than you think you'll need.

You can always use the extra space - eg chest freezer, bikes, garden furniture etc.

have you thought about a plastic one, I bought one & to be honest i was a bit dubious about getting one, i wish i had got one sooner. B&Q , Homebase & Argos do the Keterrange.Very easy to build & they have their own floor as well, Ive had no problems with sweating or any leaks at all.

Keter are extortionate though rich, £550 for an 8x8. Metal is the cheaper option - I'm getting one next summer, 13x11 for £350.

moob

Keter are extortionate though rich, £550 for an 8x8. Metal is the cheaper … Keter are extortionate though rich, £550 for an 8x8. Metal is the cheaper option - I'm getting one next summer, 13x11 for £350.

yeah they are pricey, but I was looking for something that was going to last a long time & low maintenance , I was looking at metal, but I'd heard they suffer from bad condensation, not sure how true this is.

richp

yeah they are pricey, but I was looking for something that was going to … yeah they are pricey, but I was looking for something that was going to last a long time & low maintenance , I was looking at metal, but I'd heard they suffer from bad condensation, not sure how true this is.

metal ones do have problems with condensation i have one so telling you from experiance

Original Poster

i think wooden ones look and are better.
    12 * 10

richp

yeah they are pricey, but I was looking for something that was going to … yeah they are pricey, but I was looking for something that was going to last a long time & low maintenance , I was looking at metal, but I'd heard they suffer from bad condensation, not sure how true this is.

I'm gonna insulate it.

Autotrader, just limit your search to <£500

Original Poster

really?!

Carley

Autotrader, just limit your search to

it took a couple of seconds, but i got it
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4781
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764483
      3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?28111
      4. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1633

See more discussions