Buying a tablet...

Found 11th Aug
I need a tablet for work. I also need ALOT of data. Question is:

1. What tablet is best value for money?

2. Where/what are the best tablet deals & Should i buy outright or pay monthly?
Community Updates
Ask
14 Comments
How much is lots of data? And any preference on OS. iPads sometimes are good value for money when tied to a contract, Samsung’s can also be had like this, Or go for a cheaper android device and sim only.
Dannyrobbo10 m ago

How much is lots of data? And any preference on OS. iPads sometimes are …How much is lots of data? And any preference on OS. iPads sometimes are good value for money when tied to a contract, Samsung’s can also be had like this, Or go for a cheaper android device and sim only.

15-25GB per month. I'm usually a Samsung guy so don't really know much about ipads. They are expensive to buy outright, I will check them out. Thanks
Samsung galaxy tab 3, 40GB month for £24 a month. £29 upfront cost. Galaxy tab 3
That’s a lot of pron.....
Are you talking about data transmission or storage?

If the former then you presumably mean mobile broadband, in which case you can rule out many tablets as they don't have built in 3G/LTE modems.
mrty1 h, 14 m ago

Samsung galaxy tab 3, 40GB month for £24 a month. £29 upfront cost. G …Samsung galaxy tab 3, 40GB month for £24 a month. £29 upfront cost. Galaxy tab 3

That's ideal. How is 3 network?
AndyWilmot1 h, 24 m ago

Very good, though you are bound to get some people say otherwise.
Sorry mate, tablet market is dead. If you buy anything other than ipad you won't get regular software / OS updates.

It's not a tablet but you could get a Samsung note 9, 6.4" screen and due to its flagship status it will get updates well into 2020.

If you need a bigger screen other option is a cheapish china tablet with a good sim only data deal:

CHUWI Hi9 Air Android 8.0 Tablets MT6797 X20 Deca Core 4GB RAM 64GB ROM 10.1 Inch 2K Screen Dual 4G SIM Phone Call Tablet
s.aliexpress.com/m2QZF3iY

Or..

The best tablet for value for money is Amazon Fire HD 10 but has no data sim option but you could use a WiFi tethering device.
Edited by: "mogsog" 11th Aug
AndyWilmot9 h, 48 m ago

Be mindful that tablet came out in 2013 (tab 3), but the one linked is a galaxy tab A was 2015. Now there have been a few revisions I think but if it ships with a 1ghz octacore like the 3 specs say I wouldn’t touch it. More than likely it’s a 2017 model but I’d get an actual model number from 3 before you buy it

the latest iPad on Vodafone by comparison is £31 a month for 20gb or £36 for 50gb.
Edited by: "Dannyrobbo" 12th Aug
Dannyrobbo1 h, 2 m ago

Be mindful that tablet came out in 2013 (tab 3), but the one linked is a …Be mindful that tablet came out in 2013 (tab 3), but the one linked is a galaxy tab A was 2015. Now there have been a few revisions I think but if it ships with a 1ghz octacore like the 3 specs say I wouldn’t touch it. More than likely it’s a 2017 model but I’d get an actual model number from 3 before you buy itthe latest iPad on Vodafone by comparison is £31 a month for 20gb or £36 for 50gb.

Oops, my mistake. It is the Tab A. I put the wrong text in the link description. It is a great deal though for everyday use.
mrty1 h, 26 m ago

Oops, my mistake. It is the Tab A. I put the wrong text in the link …Oops, my mistake. It is the Tab A. I put the wrong text in the link description. It is a great deal though for everyday use.

3 are very cheap and decent for data. The tab A is newer but That description on the 3 website is not accurate
Pretty much a toss up between the the tab and an ipad. I use android currently, not sure how Apple works. How long til that tablet is obsolete?
AndyWilmot12th Aug

Pretty much a toss up between the the tab and an ipad. I use android …Pretty much a toss up between the the tab and an ipad. I use android currently, not sure how Apple works. How long til that tablet is obsolete?

I still have the tab and is butter smooth. Use it for work all the time.
Edited by: "Call8m" 13th Aug
Call8m1 m ago

I still have the tab and is butter smooth. Use it for work all the time.

Think I'll get the tab. Cheers mate
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants