Buying a used car help please???

6 replies
Found 21st Apr 2009
The colour listed in log book is wrong?! And Vehicle Type Approval m1?!

Vehicle Type Approval M1. What does it mean? I looked on direct.gov.uk (car tax info to look at some info on a car) to check car details. It says under Vehicle Type Approval m1. My car which I have now says null under Vehicle Type Approval . I googled it and it seems to be something about an exported car...what does that mean?

Also the car is pale blue but its listed as silver. The car (from a main dealer) is second hand, and apparently had a different (private) number plate on but it has been changed back to the original one.

Thanks

1. Misc
  2. Car
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Car
6 Comments

i used to have m1 on my motors when i had them as taxis.
don't know if its still the same.

Is it french?

Could be a grey import, not good, expensive to insure too, as for colour not matching - could have been resprayed.
All good reasons to avoid. It won't be easy to sell on later too.
How many previous keepers and what was the date of first registration in the UK on the V5 registration document?

M1 appears to be fine, it's a passenger vehicle, not a bus or a HGV (lorry), ask for a copy of the V5 registration certificate, contact the previous owner and ask about the car. If the dealer won't give you it, they have something to hide. You need to study the V5 (log book) to learn the cars history.

I've told you to get a Toyota.........LOL.:)

Original Poster

Shambolic;4992385

Could be a grey import, not good, expensive to insure too, as for colour … Could be a grey import, not good, expensive to insure too, as for colour not matching - could have been resprayed.All good reasons to avoid. It won't be easy to sell on later too.How many previous keepers and what was the date of first registration in the UK on the V5 registration document?M1 appears to be fine, it's a passenger vehicle, not a bus or a HGV (lorry), ask for a copy of the V5 registration certificate, contact the previous owner and ask about the car. If the dealer won't give you it, they have something to hide. You need to study the V5 (log book) to learn the cars history.I've told you to get a Toyota.........LOL.:)

Thanks Shamobolic....im kind of set on getting a ford really! Thanks everyone else too....will avoid!

bargainhunter2009;4996298

Thanks Shamobolic....im kind of set on getting a ford really! Thanks … Thanks Shamobolic....im kind of set on getting a ford really! Thanks everyone else too....will avoid!

Yes, I know you are set on a Ford, but as they say in America,,,"If you can't afford a Dodge, Dodge A Ford". :-D

Perhaps you should grab a ten year old car and then get £2000 discount for it against a new one?

I think the budget may mention this today, as we are the only country in Europe that isn't doing this at the moment.

Original Poster

Shambolic;4997923

Yes, I know you are set on a Ford, but as they say in America,,,"If you … Yes, I know you are set on a Ford, but as they say in America,,,"If you can't afford a Dodge, Dodge A Ford". :-DPerhaps you should grab a ten year old car and then get £2000 discount for it against a new one?I think the budget may mention this today, as we are the only country in Europe that isn't doing this at the moment.

Lol I already have an 11 year old car which I am trading in when I get another one...cant afford brand new one though!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. What's this on my neighbours roof?1112
    2. Renewing sportsmania.rocks610
    3. Whey protien46
    4. Is this junction box wired properly??610

See more discussions