Buying a Virgin Superhub off Ebay

Found 3rd May
So... Superhub 3s atm still suffer from the Intel Puma 6 bug and because of this i had to switch back to my old Superhub 2AC which suffers from an issue but is still a lot more stable.

Anyway, would buying a router off Ebay (Superhub 2AC) cause any issues on my side when activating, i don't really care for the seller (ye ik im cold idc)
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
Why not ask VM to replace it for free?
Edited by: "Gollywood" 4th May
I was under the impression they won't work as it is assigned to someone else and nothing you can do about it .
Don't bother buying hardware off Ebay, they're assigned / registered based on MAC to your account. Basically this means it's not going to work and you'll have paid for an expensive door stop.
Gollywood31 m ago

Why not as VM to replace it for free?

Virgin will not replace Superhub 2ACs anymore
If you ring up they ask for the Mac Address of the router, i have been through like 8 routers now.
HellRazer2 h, 26 m ago

Don't bother buying hardware off Ebay, they're assigned / registered based …Don't bother buying hardware off Ebay, they're assigned / registered based on MAC to your account. Basically this means it's not going to work and you'll have paid for an expensive door stop.

Every time I switch internet provider first thing I do sell on their router on. You need to hard reset the router before selling it to someone on eBay click using just a paper clip. So buying a new/used Superhub 2AC off eBay is perfectly fine.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 3rd May
RiverDragon81 h, 3 m ago

Every time I switch internet provider first thing I do sell on their …Every time I switch internet provider first thing I do sell on their router on. You need to hard reset the router before selling it to someone on eBay click using just a paper clip. So buying a new/used Superhub 2AC off eBay is perfectly fine.

VDSL is different to cable (Virgin). You can't buy one and then expect it to work with your account.
MrPleasant_exe4 h, 17 m ago

If you ring up they ask for the Mac Address of the router, i have been …If you ring up they ask for the Mac Address of the router, i have been through like 8 routers now.

Well by now you should already have answered your own question then.
VM have to activate them and will not do it so save your money. If you have a problem with the router plug in the latest one and put it in modem only mode and get another normal router to plug into it. I can confirm this works and I’m on the 350mb package and have had no problems at all on the latest super hub (in modem only).
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants