Found 4th Oct 2008
Hi
I am thinking of buying a watch from uk website
However, they have told me that they keep the official warranty certificate and instead you get an invoice which acts as the warranty.

Has anyone had dealings with this type of watch dealer?

1. Ask
  2. Watch
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Watch
3 Comments

Most watch manufacturers will accept a receipt or invoice as a way to prove the purchase date and whether the watch is still under guarantee or not without need to send away warranty "card"/instruction booklet. It depends on the make of the watch, some manufacturers are more lenient than others.

However, I would be highly dubious if the retailer I was buying a watch from wanted to keep the warranty booklet and/or instruction manual and I personally wouldn't order from them if that is how they operate.

Original Poster

It's a Rado ladies watch.
The reason they keep the warranty booklet is to protect the authorised dealer?
I would like to know more about the dealer before buying, they have a box office as their address
Manhattan Jewellers, BCM Box 4738, London' WC1N 3XX.
Anyone bought from them??

Just a point to remember - Rado are expensive watches and do hold their resale value. So, having all the original documentation that comes with the watch will enhance this resale value. I don't see what/why they need to protect the authorised dealer unless he is doing something outside his agreement with Rado - in which case how strong would the warranty be in case of claim?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition64694
    2. Win an unbelievable Windows Mixed Reality prize pack from Windows Central! …22
    3. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines43
    4. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers44

See more discussions