Buying a watch from Skywatches.com.sg or Creation Watches, Any idea on import taxes?

Found 3rd Mar 2012
Hi all,

Does anyone know abot taxes incurred when importing a watch from either of these two websites? I would be paying approx £100-£160 depending on what I go for, has anyone had to pay any tax when buying a watch from Singapore?

Thanks everyone

Steveo.

8 Comments

I bought a watch from the USA omega sea master I had to pay £32.50 tax which I thought wasn't that bad you have to go to the post office to pick up and pay the tax

Original Poster

daveyboy7474

I bought a watch from the USA omega sea master I had to pay £32.50 tax … I bought a watch from the USA omega sea master I had to pay £32.50 tax which I thought wasn't that bad you have to go to the post office to pick up and pay the tax

Oh yeah, which site was that from?

Sorry cant remember was a few years ago

It doesnt matter what site you get it from you still have to pay the tax have look on the customs website may tell how much tax you need to pay depending on cost

Original Poster

Yeah, I was just thinking about having a look on another site for a few more options

Original Poster

Guessing the value of the watch you bought was more than what I'm looking to pay?

Yeah I was lucky when I got mine I got 2 us dollars to the pound
You might be lucky if where you buy it from don't say what it is it might just slip through customs

Original Poster

Thanks for that.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions