Groups

Buying an Xbox 360 - what is the difference with the models, please?

Hi all.

OH would like an Xbox, just saw the Argos deal - Xbox Arcade for £99.99 and have reserved one, is it worth it?

I am sure I have seen Xbox Elite or something, what is the difference with all the various versions, please - I haven't a clue?

Thank yous x

15 Comments

this should help

]http//ww…htm

it's pretty much just the hard disk drive but that is quite a major thing to be missing! You can always add it later though if you only want to spend £99 now. You can pick up 20gb HDD's pretty cheap now.

Banned

dont be a cheap skate .. buy an Elite

Original Poster

whatsThePoint;7802156

Arcade doesn't have a harddrive

worto03;7802158

this should help]http://www.xbox.com/en-us/hardware/compare101.htm

Thank you both - erm... why do I need a hard drive and what do I use with the Arcade if I do need one?

Original Poster

dog_cop;7802167

dont be a cheap skate .. buy an Elite

It's double the price and won't be used much

Banned

Mrs.Z;7802176

It's double the price and won't be used much

what's that squeaking noise

if your on a budget but the arcade, sell the memory card and then buy a 20gb or even 60gb hard drive.

Personally i'd rather go for the elite, but they do cost alot more, but look much better.

Original Poster

dog_cop;7802212

what's that squeaking noise

OMG the cheek of it :w00t:

I haven't even got space to put it on our tv stand, with all our other 'essentials' and I am still considering buying it for him, that's how lovely I am :-D

Banned

Mrs.Z;7802231

OMG the cheek of it :w00t:I haven't even got space to put it on our tv … OMG the cheek of it :w00t:I haven't even got space to put it on our tv stand, with all our other 'essentials' and I am still considering buying it for him, that's how lovely I am :-D

well If I was him I would like the elite please ,, nice black bit of kit, hard drive, etc and means you can get rid of that cheap tatty dvd player you have

sqeak:whistling:

Original Poster

khy86;7802220

if your on a budget but the arcade, sell the memory card and then buy a … if your on a budget but the arcade, sell the memory card and then buy a 20gb or even 60gb hard drive.Personally i'd rather go for the elite, but they do cost alot more, but look much better.

I dunno whether to get it at all, OH has got addicted to PES 10 on his friends Xbox and now we see him even less LOL!

Is £99.99 a pretty standard price for the Arcade version? If so, I won't rush to get it :thinking:

Would PES 10 on the PS3 be exactly the same as on the Xbox?

Thanks!

Original Poster

dog_cop;7802249

well If I was him I would like the elite please ,, nice black bit of kit, … well If I was him I would like the elite please ,, nice black bit of kit, hard drive, etc and means you can get rid of that cheap tatty dvd player you have :psqeak:whistling:

ARGH!!!! :x

None of my stuff is tatty and all of the 'essentials' get used at least once a year and polished at least once a week :-D

Banned

Mrs.Z;7802271

ARGH!!!! :xNone of my stuff is tatty and all of the 'essentials' get used … ARGH!!!! :xNone of my stuff is tatty and all of the 'essentials' get used at least once a year and polished at least once a week :-D

bet your Om likes that :w00t:

Mrs.Z;7802257

I dunno whether to get it at all, OH has got addicted to PES 10 on his … I dunno whether to get it at all, OH has got addicted to PES 10 on his friends Xbox and now we see him even less LOL!Is £99.99 a pretty standard price for the Arcade version? If so, I won't rush to get it :thinking:Would PES 10 on the PS3 be exactly the same as on the Xbox?Thanks!

£99.99 is a good price, lowest its been in ages and doubt you can pay that price and get a brand new one, hence why its getting hot in there. :thumbsup:

you can also pick PES10 for pretty cheap now methinks

If it's not going to be used a great deal(360), just buy the arcade(£100 is a very good price), and a 2nd hand 20GB hard drive for about £15.

The hard drive is not essential, and not of much use apart to install the games on instead of them running on the DVD drive whilst playing.

only reason I'd suggest the elite is because you can get a brand new elite from amazon for £190 (was £180 last week but it's gone up) with 2 top games.

I ordered at £180 (it's due today) and can sell the games for £30 each still sealed so for £130 (or £120 if the price comes back down again) you have an elite depends if you want to put the effort in selling the games.

I almost went for the arcade too because I could reuse my old 20gb HDD anyway but for the price diference once I've sold the games it had to be the elite really.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3531320
      2. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…1855
      3. Surprise the Miles136 summer burning caribou comp911
      4. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?1934

See more discussions