Groups

Buying android apps - Bank extra charge

I purchased 3 apps recently that were .95Euro each.

On my bank statement it says at the side of each that there is a £1.25 charge on top. (so in total each app was £2.10)

Looks like Natwest are adding a charge because the payment was in Euro.

So what's the best card to use that will avoid these charges.

8 Comments

Someone elses

Dont buy apps?

I have not bought any apps and other people I know with android phones havent either, plenty of good free ones in market place

kelly_o_fanatic

Dont buy apps?I have not bought any apps and other people I know with … Dont buy apps?I have not bought any apps and other people I know with android phones havent either, plenty of good free ones in market place

Unfortunately not all of the free apps do the job for everybody - I know a couple of people who have spent over £30.00p on purchasing multiple apps required for they're respective jobs.

Yeah same here, think the app was 42p.

if you can be bothered just get a fairfx card in usd or euros,

Original Poster

Yes, I used the wifes card a few times lol.

I have only bought a few apps that cant be found free.

HSBC dont charge a currency conversion fee

Original Poster

I guess I just wont buy any more. Its too must hassle opening a new current account just for that purpose. I would have thought Google checkout could have made it so they do the converting in to GBP.

Now to tell you what I bought.

Talking Tomcat, Hippo and Larry and a few weeks ago PrinterShare Premium.

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927344
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767218
      3. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1012
      4. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?917

See more discussions