Buying Bed Now Or After Christmas

Found 30th Nov 2011
Is it worth buying a bed now or waiting till Boxing Day? As there are loads of bed sales but not too sure if these sale prices is the original price and are only trying to get you to part with your money before the January sale where they might be better offers.

11 Comments

Hard question to answer. Just sleep on it for a few days.

Sloth/Mod

Sales now, January, Easter, Summer, etc etc are always the same regardless.

In fact.........if you can ever find a time when there is not a sale on then that will probably be when it's cheapest X)

What Sizable said. Always sales on and never much difference in price. My folks bought a new couch in the summer on the one week of the year the store didn't have a sale on. When the couch went on 'sale' the next week they threatened to cancel unless they got the sale price. This was agreed without a quibble as it is the price they expected to sell it for. However OP , I would argue against bartering for your bed. Even in times of austerity, I am sure you won't get a bed for a couple of chickens.

Edited by: "blowbrown" 30th Nov 2011

Original Poster

Well I was going to buy from Furniture Village in store because they gave me the online prices. They said I was able to give them a deposit and get it delivered for January (when I want the bed for) and if the prices are any cheaper when they come they will give me the difference.

noddle36

Well I was going to buy from Furniture Village in store because they gave … Well I was going to buy from Furniture Village in store because they gave me the online prices. They said I was able to give them a deposit and get it delivered for January (when I want the bed for) and if the prices are any cheaper when they come they will give me the difference.

Sounds good. I presume you have checked that their best price matches the best price elsewhere.

Best be quick, I heard Dreams' sale ends soon

Although, actually, that email was dated 2004, my bad

Original Poster

blowbrown

Sounds good. I presume you have checked that their best price matches the … Sounds good. I presume you have checked that their best price matches the best price elsewhere.

Yes but they only sell the bed at Furniture Village.

If it's the one you want and you are happy with the price then best to go for it.

Original Poster

I also went to Bensons for Beds and got this for £1000 with 2 free pillow cases.

But from Furniture Village got this for same price as online.

Decisions decisions decisions.

I am also going through same process. Read the WHICH report, states that likes of Bensons constant sales, hard to work out what you are paying for. John Lewis came out best place to buy from.

We are after a divan. Chose mattress at JLewis but did not realise bed base is a further £250 for a simple wooden base. Have found one for £99.

There are lots of mattress websites, so was able to compare prices and JLewis were cheaper. Amazon also sell mattresses but were pricier.

noddle36

Well I was going to buy from Furniture Village in store because they gave … Well I was going to buy from Furniture Village in store because they gave me the online prices. They said I was able to give them a deposit and get it delivered for January (when I want the bed for) and if the prices are any cheaper when they come they will give me the difference.

My father works at Furniture Village and he always says he can't understand the idiots that come in on Boxing Day for the sales as the things are normally the same price before Christmas too! He tells the customers this but they still wait until Boxing Day!
Edited by: "cdm22" 30th Nov 2011
Post a comment
@
    Text