Groups
    EXPIRED

Buying car - cashback options?!

I am going to lend my dad some money to buy a car, however, someone at work said they took out a new card and purchased a car on this and got cashback then paid off the card or something... (this was about 18 months ago)

So... essentially I'm buying a used Golf for around 9k, what cunning ideas can HUKD'ers come up with to make some extra cash on the side (for me or my dad, same same)...

I still want something 'decent' - i.e. to blag an extra 20 quid more I don't want to go with some bank that are a nightmare to deal with etc... so nothing too bonkers!

Suggest away...!

3 Comments

if you have the full 9k in cash i sugest 6 isa's in 3 different names you your dad and one other keep the cash in there for 1 year then use a 12 month interest free credit card or loan to buy the car come the end of the year withdraw all isas pay off ballance and pocket a tidy sum of interest for yourself

Original Poster

All of our family have cash ISA's already full up for this year's allowance, so that's not really an option - but it would have been a good plan otherwise.

I hadn't thought of the interest free / do something else to make money in the mean time route, I was thinking just of a card paying X% cashback, so this is an interesting idea.

[QUOTE=oldskooladdict;5552380]All of our family have cash ISA's already full up for this year's allowance, so that's not really an option - but it would have been a good plan otherwise.

I hadn't thought of the interest free / do something else to make money in the mean time route, I was thinking just of a card paying X% cashback, so this is an interesting idea.[/QUOTE

lol just make sure you put money in high interest savings acc. if you open one with a good interest rate for first year that should sort you.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Laser eye surgery44
      2. Sportsmania.eu down. Any alternatives?2546
      3. Fitbit watch/band33
      4. Which Pond Pump57

See more discussions