Buying car from Cargiant

Posted 30th Apr
Hi
I am thinking of buying a Landrover Discovery Sport and best deal I found it at Cargiant. However, Cargiant doesnt provide any warranty at all. They want us to buy AA warranty for £699 / 12 months. If we dont then we are not covered from the minute we drive out of cargiant. Is there any other way other than expensive AA warranty?
Can I buy AA warranty and cancel within 14 days to at least have peace of mind for first 2 weeks ?
any opinion or suggestions pls ?

Thank you
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
But why would you ever want to buy a car from people that participate in such underhand practises?
10 Comments
by law, a car dealer warrants a car. search honestjohn amongst others

Its a pretty scrapy warranty but ....................

And you have legal rights of redress as a Consumer
If there's any faults within 6 months that you weren't made aware of anything. Buyer protection and stuff.
But why would you ever want to buy a car from people that participate in such underhand practises?
themorgatron44 m ago

But why would you ever want to buy a car from people that participate in …But why would you ever want to buy a car from people that participate in such underhand practises?

Likely confused terminology / misinterpretation. The dealer warrants the vehicle is as described, of satisfactory quality considering age, price, mileage, etc & fit for purpose as required by consumer legislation; the buyer has option to purchase an enhanced warranty.
which.co.uk/con…-do
MynameisM30/04/2019 22:32

If there's any faults within 6 months that you weren't made aware of …If there's any faults within 6 months that you weren't made aware of anything. Buyer protection and stuff.

Yes that is very limited though as most faults with a second hand car can be attributed in some way to wear and tear.
What a rip off! Just walk away and see if they budge
cmdr_elito01/05/2019 05:11

Yes that is very limited though as most faults with a second hand car can …Yes that is very limited though as most faults with a second hand car can be attributed in some way to wear and tear.

Which is generally how and why these warranty companies (Scammers) get away without paying. Unless your engine and gearbox are literally hanging out dragging across the floor they refuse to payout.
deleted1293960
Cargiant dont sell good value cars, their entire business plan is built around selling poor people an over priced car on a multi-year finance deal; if they are flogging it dirt cheap, there is probably something wrong with it.

Thinking about it, you are talking about a Discovery Sport- so there is BOUND to be something wrong with it.

Unreliable cars
.MUFC.6 h, 22 m ago

Which is generally how and why these warranty companies (Scammers) get …Which is generally how and why these warranty companies (Scammers) get away without paying. Unless your engine and gearbox are literally hanging out dragging across the floor they refuse to payout.

Exactly!
By law dealer should provide 3 months warranty I believe.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions